PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): digging faster

roodypatooty
12-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Would it be possible to make a plugin for digging faster/or granting excavation abilities in creative mode. I find it irritating sometimes when i have to dig out a really large hole when the purpose of creative is to build not gather materials, so i feel it would be alright to "cheat" a little per say. maybe something like shift digger where you toggle a button and you can dig really fast or the plugin like the admins use. Just a thought, again this would only be for creative mode ONLY.

SparkleUnidog
14-08-2013, 08:30 AM
But wouldn't you dig at the same speed in Creative if you were playing single player? O.o

Ryuuga
14-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Would it be possible to make a plugin for digging faster/or granting excavation abilities in creative mode. I find it irritating sometimes when i have to dig out a really large hole when the purpose of creative is to build not gather materials, so i feel it would be alright to "cheat" a little per say. maybe something like shift digger where you toggle a button and you can dig really fast or the plugin like the admins use. Just a thought, again this would only be for creative mode ONLY.
why not ask for a WE if it's such a big hole you want? :S it's not like you need any resources in creative :S

Cats_say_moo
14-08-2013, 06:31 PM
why not ask for a WE if it's such a big hole you want? :S it's not like you need any resources in creative :S

Problem with that is members dont get worldedits, Its a vip+ feature :3

roodypatooty
19-08-2013, 05:43 AM

to go along with cats and also I feel it would be much easier to just let the player "edit" the land themselves with a digging/excavation utility rather than asking an admin etc....

lordgandalf
19-08-2013, 06:20 AM
with the admins editing the world it will keep holes in the world in hand. With giving this stuff to people it will give people the chance to dig huge holes in the world making it look ugly

roodypatooty
21-08-2013, 04:14 PM
with the admins editing the world it will keep holes in the world in hand. With giving this stuff to people it will give people the chance to dig huge holes in the world making it look ugly

isn't that kind of a hasty conclusion that everyone right away would just dig a big hole? plus its creative mode there are limitless possibilities of stuff you can do with a hole :)

Ryuuga
30-08-2013, 10:34 AM
isn't that kind of a hasty conclusion that everyone right away would just dig a big hole? plus its creative mode there are limitless possibilities of stuff you can do with a hole :)
I agree with gandalf on this. Although I agree that not everyone will dig holes I imagine about 15% of the people think it's a good idea to make one and another 10% will make a hole by accident. And once a player laves (sometimes people leave after only a few days for their own reasons) we'll be left with a giant hole in the creative world. If you just imagine 1 person a day making a hole and 1 out of 10 of them leaving after a short while we'll soon end up with a landscape that has more holes/craters than the moon. hence I'm against this.

Stoux
09-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Rejected. You got creative so it already goes a lot faster then in survival.