PDA

View Full Version : Nirosu's Slap Snap Reborn! : Senior Guide Slacky!

nirosu
20-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Wanne see more? Read last week's Slap-Snap? got updated with Block Theories? Go and check out the Menu~ http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...-Nirosu-s-Menu (http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?7816-Nirosu-s-Menu)

Heya people, this week we are having yet another special guest who is also an important part of our server's staff, Slacky, the "Senior" Guide!

A little about Slacky: Slacky joined exactly a year ago, well, 2 days before this Slap-Snap, so first I would like to congratulate Slacky for reaching a full year of membership at our server! Congratulations! make sure to do so in comments and such, oh, and in just 4 days from now, we'll be celebrating a full year of membership for sparkle as well, which we had last week as a guest :D

A full year of Slacky, shortened into one Slap-Snap? impossible, but I can sure tell you a bit about my experience with Slacky :3

Slacky was always a nice builder, and he got a good reputation throughout the server and the staff, which resulted in him becoming a guide (but of course, he was helpful and fit for the job, having staff as friends doesn't give you the privilege to be one of them, you gotta work for that), after a while on the server, he experienced a few building styles, most notable is Medieval, and at the recent weeks he's been experiencing Modern build style.

Almost half of his time on the server, was being a Guide, that is why I found it fit to give him the Title "Senior Guide", as of now, he's holding the record of the longest time being a guide and not becoming a mod, and he's planning on staying this way :) And the fact he's still one today proves his efficiency, not to mention the lots of help he gave me adjusting to being a guide myself not too long ago :3

As a builder, Slacky is lately getting too much projects started, and with the recent quit of his building companion, Charlotina, Slacky is now experiencing Solo Building, but worry not, as he's planning on having multiple builder projects.

Well, I shouldn't be telling you too much about Slacky, as you can see him almost daily, it shouldn't be much of a problem to experience him helping out here and there :3

Let's continue with our first picture

Somewhere far away, old Survival, Co-ords in the picture.

Slacky and Charlotina's Village, well, one of them, yet another unfinished project, the co-ords are for some hole in the wall, a break in, as he forgot to make an open entrance >.> it's sure nice, filled with villagers, and a nice medieval inspired project.

Extreme Hills, New Survival.

A recent build, yet in progress (gonna be a village of these houses), which was a joint effort of Slacky and Charlotina, funny story of this place, I got my first horse from Slacky, bought it in that place, and carried it 3000 blocks into an island I claimed earlier, and later sold the horses, due to the fact my island was really far away.... then the buyers had to do a long journey through the sea XD

Old Survival.

Slacky's 2nd build on the server, an impressive start, while the main building was solo, further improvements were made by multiple people.

Somewhere near Haven, Old Survival.

Skull Island, a small project that is a nice addition to any server or build collection, nice job with landscaping.

Capital City, New Survival.

And Finally, a bit of a look into a modern build by Slacky, nicely done indeed, yet again, unfinished XD

And for the moment you all been waiting! the questions!

1. Could you tell us about your experience in the Slap-Gaming server and community?

As most of you know, I'm a player that has been a guide for a long time! I'm also approaching my "1 year anniversary'' on slap. Still here, still having a good time!

Comment by Nirosu: You've reached it just two days ago, apparently XD

2. How long does it usually takes you to finish a build?

I'm quite a spontaneous builder! If I get an idea in my head, I instantly start building it. So sometimes, projects can be finished in a day or two. But I also have projects that I have been working on for months, you could say that it varies!

3. You used to build projects together with Charlotina, could you tell us a bit about the experience of working in a team?

We both weren't the best builders, but we understood each other. We kinda had the same mindset, and the same buildingstyle. And maybe the most important thing: We always had loads of fun making our stuff! I think that's the most important aspect: Having a laugh and good atmosphere! I can't thank char enough for the amazing time we had.

4. Regarding the last question, could you add a bit about the experience of switching from team building to solo?

It's diffrent! If you are building in a team, you have twice the amount of inspiration that you would normally have if you build alone. Also, the projects go slower. But, you have some benefits! If you are building alone, you can work at your own pace and develop your own style!

5. Could you tell us about your projects in progress?

Currently working on a tropical biome/village! A place where you can relax and have a good time!

6. Any tips you'd like to give to the fellow aspiring builders?

Best tip I can give: if you need inspiration, go and see some builds of other people! Trut me, it will really, really help! And at the same time, you can hang around a bit with the creator, always fun!

7. What do you think the server is lacking or needs improvement with?

We have a great community, amazing staffmembers and a server that we can be proud of. I'm sure that the Staff is always looking to improve the server/ keeping it up to date. And I must say, they are doing damn well!

8. Anything you'd like to add?

Don't worry, be happy. :)

9. Anything you'd like to suggest to Slap-Snap Reborn?

Always been a fan of the Slap-Snap! Keep it up!

10. anything you'd like to note about the experience of having a slap-snap or answering the questions?

I must say that I feel honored, always a nice feeling when other people want to check out your builds !

That's all for this week's Slap-Snap Reborn! too bad we've yet to have found the next week's guest, maybe it'll be you, just make sure to submit an application at : http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?8213-Nirosu-s-Slap-Snap-Reborn-Applications-! !

Charlotina
21-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Hehehe <3

SparkleUnidog
21-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Slacky, char and me were a group in crime when we all first joined, and I left most of the building of the old stuff I joined in with to them ;D lol

Slacky
21-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Slacky, char and me were a group in crime when we all first joined, and I left most of the building of the old stuff I joined in with to them ;D lol
Haha, good times!