PDA

View Full Version : Slapland 2 needs your help! (Contest)

Steffany686
23-08-2013, 11:35 PM

Well it time for another Contest! This is going to be a contest to help out the building of Slapland 2! This contest starts August 26th and will end on September 20th. The contest will be held in the Creative World, at the Slapland 2 Contest Grounds. We need you to build/design mini-games that can be used within Slapland itself. Mini-Games can be, Parkour, normal carnival games, or water park games to name a few. Any build that we, the judges like will be added to Slapland 2 and the builders named on a sign saying who built it and if they won in the contest.

Guidelines

Build needs to be in the theme of Abandoned Mining Town/Old Western
Build needs to be a functioning mini-game.
Any redstone has to be NON-LAGGING, ex. no rapid clocks, pulses, or piston fire.

Now The Rules!

You will be given a 18x18x17x3 plot to build in.
Builds need to stay with in the plot.
Builds need to stay with the theme.
If you want a Team, you need to sign up as a team and stay a team till the build is done.
Only teams of 2- 4 people only.
Prizes will be split evenly between the team member by the Judges.
Only one plot per Contest per Person/Team, If you are on a team that is your plot in that contest.
All Contest Builds must meet SlapGaming Terms and Services.
Slapland has the right to move/alter/destroy any builds, this will mostly happen after the contest if over or the said build does not meet above rules.
Any other question/concerns can be asked here or in game by /msg to Ryuuga, me (Steffany686) or lordgandalf, also see the signs at the Contest Grounds under the Contest Dragon.
Have Fun!
And lastly, Do NOT tick off the Dragon!

Prizes!
(All Prizes will be given out within the survival world by lordgandalf, Ryuuga or Steffany686)

1 Emerald Block
1 Gold Block
1 Iron Block

Cake for anyone that enters and builds something within the rules of the contest.

How to join the contest
To join the contest post in this thread and tell us whether your alone or in a team, who is in your team, and which plot you would want (you can apply for a plot before the start of the contest but will only be added to it at the start of the contest).

Plots!

Plot 01: Available!
Plot 02: Available!
Plot 03: Claimed by Bandana6 (single)
Plot 04: Available!
Plot 05: Claimed by horsegal00 (single)
Plot 06: Claimed by Honkin_Pigs (single)
Plot 07:Claimed by ryuuga (single)(yes I can compete in my own competition!)(no I can't actually win a prize)

Plot 08: Available!
Plot 09: Available!
Plot 10: Available!
Plot 11: Available!
Plot 12: Claimed by MohDaol (single)
Plot 13: Available!
Plot 14: Claimed by callumo75 (single)
Plot 15: Claimed by jimred9 (single)
Plot 16: Available!

Plot's are now open for building!

*All rules/guidelines can be changed/added to at anytime during the contest.
**Prizes can be changed depending on the builds/judges
***Once the contest is over you will be removed from the WG
****getting perm banned is a legit reason for us to remove you from the competition

horsegal00
25-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi Steff

I'll do this alone, and can I use plot 5 please

Ryuuga
25-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi Steff

I'll do this alone, and can I use plot 5 please

added you to the list and you will be added as soon as the contest starts and one of us is able to add you

jimred9
25-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Hi guys,

Same as horse please, Ill have plot 15.

MohDaol
26-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Eh, why not? Working alone on plot 13 please :3

Ryuuga
27-08-2013, 01:27 PM
my apologies for the delay (due to unforseen circumstances I wasn't able to open up the plot to all participants yesterday) all plots are now open for building best luck to all of you :D

p.s. If you need a tp there to set a home just ask :D

leon_vakt
27-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Could i have plot 7 please? working alone

Ryuuga
27-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Could i have plot 7 please? working alone
you've been assigned to plot #7 leon_vakt you can now built there

EXEOTech
10-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Hey Guys,

Im on my own and i would like plot 14

Ryuuga
10-09-2013, 07:11 PM
callumo75 added to plot 14. thank you for participating.
people don't forget to add your In Game Name when asking for a plot or you won't be able to built when we add you.

honkin_pigs
10-09-2013, 09:59 PM
I'd like a plot for this :) and also, i don't think leon will need his anymore ;)

Ryuuga
12-09-2013, 02:17 PM
I'd like a plot for this :) and also, i don't think leon will need his anymore ;)
updated added you to the plot honkin and claimed leon's plot since he won't be back. (yes I'm participating now, no I can't win since that wouldn't be fair :D)

EDIT: grading is now underway and people will be removed from their plots I'm hoping to give results after the coming week or sooner depending on whether or not I can drag all the judges over to grade every plot.

Ryuuga
30-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Results:
1st place: jimred9 (plot #15) with how many steve's
prize: 1 emerald block (claimed)

2nd place: honkin_pigs (plot #6) with his rolercoaster claustophobia
prize: 1 gold block (claimed)

3rd place: bandana6 (plot #3) with her horse ranch shooting range
prize: 1 iron block (unclaimed)

It was a close call between first and second place as the judges couldn't agree on the winner hence the dragon decided jimred9 got first place since a rollercoaster isn't, technically, a mini-game (hate the dragon not the judges). I have seen some amazing builds in this competition and am very happy with the results. all winners will be informed by in-game mail and will be requested to contact us in-game so they can receive their rewards in a survival world.
Hopefully next time we will have even more participants.

Sincerely,

ryuuga

hijacker of the board of judges

honkin_pigs
30-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Results:
1st place: jimred9 (plot #15) with how many steve's
prize: 1 emerald block (unclaimed)

2nd place: honkin_pigs (plot #6) with his rolercoaster claustophobia
prize: 1 gold block (unclaimed)

3rd place: bandana6 (plot #3) with her horse ranch shooting range
prize: 1 iron block (unclaimed)

It was a close call between first and second place as the judges couldn't agree on the winner hence the dragon decided jimred9 got first place since a rollercoaster isn't, technically, a mini-game (hate the dragon not the judges). I have seen some amazing builds in this competition and am very happy with the results. all winners will be informed by in-game mail and will be requested to contact us in-game so they can receive their rewards in a survival world.
Hopefully next time we will have even more participants.

Sincerely,

ryuuga

hijacker of the board of judges

Massive congratulations to jimred9! i did enjoy playing how many steves when i tested it for him :D
and also cant wait till next round! will come back with a better idea that'll hopefully win it for me! :D