PDA

View Full Version : Nirosu's Block theories 2: Flower Power!

nirosu
05-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Wanne see more cool Block Theories, Slap-snaps, and more? http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?7816-Nirosu-s-Menu

Heya, Block theories are back! and this week (or month because of.... a certain some-people named Mojang) we have a slap snap of the 1.7 update "the biome update".

Unfortunately, flowers sure are nice, but they won't be able to fill a huge block theories, and since this is the first snapshot, it's still too derpy to start investigating more.

The new flowers are realy nice looking, most of them fit in flower pots, and the 2 block ones will require the good old grass block for some decorating, and it's worth doing so, as they are amazingly wild in their beauty.

Single roses were removed, and rose bushes added, instead of roses, we have a similar flower called poppy. What will happen to our roses inside flower pots? who knows, atm poppy is glitched(i assume) and cannot be put in them, and unfortunately my test map did not have roses in flower pots, but if it did, then the roses were replaced with dandelions.

Another change, is that the sick light green of the bamboo, was replaced with a more bamboo-ish green, that in comparison, seems a bit more sick, but yet more appealing to me.

Let's start with some pictures :D

A flower chart, except from the last line(high flowers) the 2nd line shows flowers in natural forms, and potted forms, as of this snapshot, the poppy refused to enter the pot, what we are expecting or hoping for is sunflower in flower pots, or perhaps a Vase, that would store the high flowers or will be a bigger flower pot, what I'm hoping for other than that is colored flower pots, just like you can color your dogs leash, why not add a bit of color to your flower pots?

This picture is a bit of an attempt to find innovative uses for the new flowers, and all I found was having them as arrows as in direction signs, and of course a better idea, Sunflower "sticker", which I actually have irl at my house, these "stickers" are just sunflower heads stuck to the wall, it adds a nice touch to a kitchen, or a living room, maybe a bathroom, and of course an archway! as you can see in the next picture

this is based on a real archway in my house xD irl it looks better, with more sunflower "stickers".

This one is harder to understand, but if you look closely, there's a passage behind one of these large ferns. do not the 2 block high flowers can be uses as "doors".

and one last innovative idea, but unfortunately still needs work, a fish tank!

No bonus section this time, maybe next time :D

Blake
05-09-2013, 07:53 PM
What Happened To the Roses!?!?!?!? Not the Bush roses the normal Rose?!?!?!!

nirosu
05-09-2013, 08:45 PM
replaced by poppy.

Madkiller212
05-09-2013, 09:06 PM
replaced by poppy.

Aw man D:

nirosu
05-09-2013, 09:31 PM
it looks realy close to rose, a bit better for my opinion, technically, there was no reasone to keep both, but maybe they should've :/

Blake
05-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Why did mojang Do That?!?!!??! I know of one youtuber that will be upset.