PDA

View Full Version : The Nirosu Cup 2013 Awards!

nirosu
15-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Heya guys, and welcome to the official thread of the Nirosu cup 2013 awards!

What is the Nirosu cup exactly?

The Nirosu cup is an award/certificate given to members of our server by Nirosu, IT IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SERVER REWARD, do note that.

The Nirosu cup is not given to one sole player, but for one player of each category.

So what categories are there?

The Building cup: divided into two: exterior and interior, just build a house, or show a build NON-CREATIVE.

The guide cup: awarded for the best guide of them all :D

The staff cup: excluding owners and co-owners, this cup goes to the most popular/loved staff! (excluding the top ranks cause it's not fair when naithy or Telluur is around.... not to mention Jack :P)(also no cash or physical reward)

The Wealthy cup:no cash award for this one, nor much rules, richest non-staff will win.

The writer's cup: yes yes yes! Book contest! this one is crucial, and it has a bigger award than the other categories! just write a book or submit on of yours in the judging period!

The Member cup: Who's the most loved and popular member? we'll see about that!

The Redstone cup: I have no idea what's going on, but the more complex and cool it is, the more it's likely to win(staff excluded, since naith insta win with the calculator :P and ryuu is also quite good)

The Pvp cup: Who everyone thinks is the current unbeatable person, without godmode of course xD

This 7 cups all(well, not all) come with a cash reward of 15,000! yes! 15,000~! and a diamond block, a certificate, and might have secret related rewards!

The judging period will begin soon, but I won't be the one doing the choosing, no no, YOU will, the Nirosu cup is given by Nirosu, but the votes are made by players in this thread when the Judging period starts!

Rules:
-Alt accounts can't vote or participate.
-Copying is disallowed and disrespectful, make something on your own.(building contest)
-Bribery is disallowed, you can try and ask for support, but do not advertise yourself by spam and DO NOT offend or hurt the honor of the follow participants, this contest is a friendly one.
-if a person gets banned/temp banned in the judging period, he'd be excluded from the competition, excluding troll bans and special cases.
-Each member can vote up to two of each category!

More details will be revealed later on, but right now we require judges for the book cup, and we need suggestions and feedback on rewards or maybe adding/removing categories.

jimred9
15-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Sounds great I love it so far. How do we enter and also can we enter in more than one catagory?

Also I would add another catagory for pixel art which could be in the creative world?

SparkleUnidog
15-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Interesting! I'd love to join in and vote on these things :D

Ryuuga
16-09-2013, 02:13 PM
The Redstone cup: I have no idea what's going on, but the more complex and cool it is, the more it's likely to win(staff excluded, since naith insta win with the calculator :P and ryuu is also quite good)

really so if you've proven you're decently capable of winning the cup you're no longer allowed to win it? :P

darn it and here I thought I could try going for the win in this cup XD

lordgandalf
16-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Hmmz thats making it easy for me to win the redstone cup xD

jimred9
16-09-2013, 03:35 PM

I will try my best to beat you..... :p

horsegal00
16-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Hmmz, I'd love to enter my farmhouse into the builds cup please

nirosu
16-09-2013, 07:19 PM
The part staff not beeing able to participate is because staff won't get cash rewards, I don't see this troublesome with redstone cup, excluding naith, he's too powerful with redstone :P

Ryuuga
16-09-2013, 07:47 PM
okay that's it I hereby declare that gandalf can't become the winner because... he's my brother and was formerly a mod :P. On a more serious note gandalf's redstone powers aren't that much less if not equal to my own though :D

jimred9
16-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Sounds great I love it so far. How do we enter and also can we enter in more than one catagory?

Also I would add another catagory for pixel art which could be in the creative world?

Just putting this out there again nirosu

nirosu
16-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Just putting this out there again nirosu

The thing is that Pixel art is based on copying stuff.... but if you'd make let's say, a collection of pixel art, or 3d pixel art, it could count, but then again it's usually not like this.

And yes, you can enter in more than 1 category.

TheKrafter1923
16-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Oooh The Guide Cup! Sounds like something I am going to have to get at :3

nirosu
16-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Oooh The Guide Cup! Sounds like something I am going to have to get at :3

good luck against slacky :D he does have the upper hand on this one beeing a guide for so long.

TheKrafter1923
16-09-2013, 11:52 PM
True but I'll be on lots plus I am a good pvper so I can do that one too c;

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 03:02 AM
pfft i stand no chance in hell on any of these, but i'll happily support those who win :3

Ryuuga
17-09-2013, 11:45 AM
pfft i stand no chance in hell on any of these, but i'll happily support those who win :3
try going for the guide cup since there's less competition there? :P

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 11:56 AM
try going for the guide cup since there's less competition there? :P

I wouldn't stand a chance against slacky or wackmo they've been guiding for a lot longer :3

is it down to public vote or nirosus opinion?

nirosu
17-09-2013, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't stand a chance against slacky or wackmo they've been guiding for a lot longer :3

is it down to public vote or nirosus opinion?

Don't look at me, all public vote, although I get a voting power of 1.000000000000000001, so if there's a so called "tie" I get to choose :P

nah jk, there can be 2 winners, each player can vote for 2 people of each category.... excluding guide category, since there aren't that much.... also none can vote the book category unless they ask for it ingame, that's where I judge :P and maybe a few more (would like to have sparkle's help or maybe horsegal's as well)

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Don't look at me, all public vote, although I get a voting power of 1.000000000000000001, so if there's a so called "tie" I get to choose :P

nah jk, there can be 2 winners, each player can vote for 2 people of each category.... excluding guide category, since there aren't that much.... also none can vote the book category unless they ask for it ingame, that's where I judge :P and maybe a few more (would like to have sparkle's help or maybe horsegal's as well)

ahh awesome, i'll see what i can do about entering for one of them then :3

horsegal00
17-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Does this mean I can't enter my farmhouse into the building comp?

nirosu
17-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Does this mean I can't enter my farmhouse into the building comp?

Even if you were not a mod, you couldn't enter a farmhouse.... since this is not a build contest, it's a building contest, people won't vote on a build, but on a builder, you can decide to show you skills by showing your farmhouse, but it won't be a part of the competition...
If staff wishes that much to join, who am I to say no :) just that staff won't get any cash reward from the contest >.> (excluding guides)

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Even if you were not a mod, you couldn't enter a farmhouse.... since this is not a build contest, it's a building contest, people won't vote on a build, but on a builder, you can decide to show you skills by showing your farmhouse, but it won't be a part of the competition...
If staff wishes that much to join, who am I to say no :) just that staff won't get any cash reward from the contest >.> (excluding guides)

The Building cup: divided into two: exterior and interior, just build a house, or show a build NON-CREATIVE.

Waitwut, i find this hard to understand, in your opening post theres a building cup in which your telling people to build a housre or show a build, and in that post your telling horse that showing her farmhouse wouldnt be part of the competition?
very confused now lol

Ryuuga
17-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Waitwut, i find this hard to understand, in your opening post theres a building cup in which your telling people to build a housre or show a build, and in that post your telling horse that showing her farmhouse wouldnt be part of the competition?
very confused now lol
what nirosu means is that the people would be voting on someone (i.e. me ryuuga) who build the stuff and not on a particular build (i.e. my hatsune miku statue) so you wouldn't be able to enter her farm house since it's not a builder but a building she made.

btw is the redstone competition gonna be limited to non-creative? ( just asking)

nirosu
17-09-2013, 05:11 PM
nah, it's ok if it's creative redstone >.>

hellkaizer29
19-09-2013, 04:37 PM
My mansion/modern houses cup! :D lol

jimred9
19-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Could there also be a I game art award mabey? Including pixel art and more?

MohDaol
20-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm starting work on a new house...

No ideas tho >.>

honkin_pigs
20-09-2013, 11:24 AM
a house of secrets :3

lots of hidden passageways, complete with an underground torture chamber :3

lordgandalf
20-09-2013, 12:47 PM
I think i would be a possible candidate in the member,building (slapland anyone) and redstone cups :P