PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Rules update

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 12:07 PM
I think either /rules should be updated to contain all of the current server rules, with a sign at tutorial island suggesting they read /rules,
or a board of all the server rules should be put on tutorial island, as there are rules that are not mentioned at all in game and only on the forums i beleive (X-Ray for one, was asked if it was banned by a newbie and i said yes read tutorial island, to then realise there's nothing there about it)

nirosu
17-09-2013, 04:14 PM
wrong suggestion thread derp :S?

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 04:40 PM
wrong suggestion thread derp :S?

Ah yup, would be nice if a lovely moderator/admin could move this over to the minecraft suggestions :3

Cats_say_moo
17-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Moved thread, Also Wouldnt mind this change :3

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 10:36 PM
umm i guess stoux disagrees with this? o.O

roodypatooty
18-09-2013, 01:11 AM
like the idea, seems like some of the "unnamed" or "official" rules are not specified clearly enough at the start.

nirosu
18-09-2013, 06:42 AM
Well, there was a short period where you had to do /rules and accept them... There are reasons why this didn't stay...

If the /rules contains all rules already, then it shouldn't be hard to place a sign saying "use /rules for additional rules or check out the website!"

Also, x-ray is an international server rule, it is agreed by most servers that it is unallowed, so people usually ask about x-ray, whether they go to the island or not, and most people don't go there.

To put all rules on tutorial island might take some place... if only there was.... IDK, a sign that gives you a nice way to read the additional rules.... *hint* :P

Ryuuga
18-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Well, there was a short period where you had to do /rules and accept them... There are reasons why this didn't stay...

If the /rules contains all rules already, then it shouldn't be hard to place a sign saying "use /rules for additional rules or check out the website!"

Also, x-ray is an international server rule, it is agreed by most servers that it is unallowed, so people usually ask about x-ray, whether they go to the island or not, and most people don't go there.

To put all rules on tutorial island might take some place... if only there was.... IDK, a sign that gives you a nice way to read the additional rules.... *hint* :P

I think updating/rules to include all current server rules and/or a sign referring to the command or the rules wold be the most effective/simple solution to this. basically a sign referring to the forum section with additional rules should fix this as a very simple solution :S.

utecitec
18-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Or you could have it so when people join the server the welcome message includes a link to the rules.

Stoux
18-09-2013, 04:50 PM
umm i guess stoux disagrees with this? o.O

Apparently I clicked Dislike, I cannot remember doing such a thing.

honkin_pigs
18-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Apperently I clicked Dislike, I cannot remember doing such a thing.

Rofl i was pretty confused considering you seemed to like the idea ingmae when i mentioned it to you :P

Cats_say_moo
18-09-2013, 06:12 PM
I remember Steffany686 showed me once a way to have a sign programed so if you right clicked the sign that said "Is Xray Banned?" It would tell you in chat in a pm way stating that the info you put in for it. So for the example it would state "Yes it is a banable offense for using xray". If it seems like this may be something to be implimented i can ask steff what the plugin was called

Telluur
18-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Apparently

Worldgaurd

nirosu
18-09-2013, 08:05 PM
I remember Steffany686 showed me once a way to have a sign programed so if you right clicked the sign that said "Is Xray Banned?" It would tell you in chat in a pm way stating that the info you put in for it. So for the example it would state "Yes it is a banable offense for using xray". If it seems like this may be something to be implimented i can ask steff what the plugin was called

I don't think you actually need to look up such a plugin..... basicly you click it and it gives you a message.... ALMOST ANY PLUGIN DOES THAT >.> you buy something from shop >>>>> "blah blah was bought for w/c", the 1 vs. 1 pvp:"Stand still on the pad".

In other words.... we don't need some fancy shmency plugin that does what everyone with simple plugin knowledge can probably do XD You can trust stoux on these.

Cats_say_moo
18-09-2013, 08:29 PM
I don't think you actually need to look up such a plugin..... basicly you click it and it gives you a message.... ALMOST ANY PLUGIN DOES THAT >.> you buy something from shop >>>>> "blah blah was bought for w/c", the 1 vs. 1 pvp:"Stand still on the pad".

In other words.... we don't need some fancy shmency plugin that does what everyone with simple plugin knowledge can probably do XD You can trust stoux on these.

They can probs add it to the Slap Homebrew Nirosu yet they have no clue what the plugin does so how do you expect them to add it in the homebrew?

nirosu
19-09-2013, 08:39 AM
They can probs add it to the Slap Homebrew Nirosu yet they have no clue what the plugin does so how do you expect them to add it in the homebrew?

I'm saying that this plugin sounds not too hard to make if it only shows a message when you click a sign >.> sure it might have a nice command set to change/enter the message, but I think our plugin guys can just make such simple system, and maybe evn better, with a possibility to change text color of the prompt message, it's style.... I'm sure our plugin guys can do such a thing, considering the many plugins we have that already generate messages in the way described.

Anyways, It's a nice idea, but I don't think new people will understand that they need to click the sign, unless you put a sign next to it saying to click it, which already takes the place of two signs that can already say in one "X-Ray is banned"

naithantu
19-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Why did a suggestion about updating /rules change into a discussion about a sign clicking plugin?
Please stick to the suggestion, I will get to this in the weekend when I have time

Stoux
28-09-2013, 05:59 AM
I will get to this in the weekend when I have time

But which weekend, that's the question.