PDA

View Full Version : Bug (Intended Behaviour): And Suggestion: Wrong minecon event!!

jimred9
26-09-2013, 04:20 PM
No guys you have the wrong event,
you are going to minecon server edition. There are two well known events; virtual minecon and minecon server edition.
Both my self and cats (I think) earlier in the year suggested you go to the better of the events, which is called virtual minecon.

After being to both events before for a bit, the virtual minecon is both more well made and better for advertising a server

My suggestion is that you should also come to the other event, virtual minecon which Is later in the year and found here: www.creeperevents.com, so you could possibly go to both events?

Btw Jack I will pm you later with a VIP pack I may be able to get you for the server with virtual minecon as I am helping them as a staff member.

Cats_say_moo
27-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Dont Believe we picked the wrong event, The place we are holding the booth at is on the one held last year which raised over 4 thousand players and has over 6,000 registered for the event without it even starting yet. In a way i dont believe we need to have 2 booths for 1 server.
Althou if it is proven that this other minecon is more successful then id more than happily build a booth there representing slap gaming

nirosu
27-09-2013, 11:02 PM
I believe having booths at both events will be a bit hard, since staff needs to be there, also, looking at that creeper event minecon, it lasts about 2 days, and filled with activities, which will mean people will be more concentrated about the short event than doing some sightseeing on server booths, while the other has more time to do so, but if it'll be proven better, maybe next year : ) for my opinion

jimred9
28-09-2013, 01:00 PM
I just think being at both events is good as it will get even more possible players to come on the server....

SparkleUnidog
28-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Being on both servers is good, yes, but we barely got the staff to help keep an eye on the one we currently have :/ Sticking to one for now would be better I feel.

nirosu
28-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Being on both servers is good, yes, but we barely got the staff to help keep an eye on the one we currently have :/ Sticking to one for now would be better I feel.

Can't agree more.

jimred9
28-09-2013, 08:59 PM
The dates are a bit away from the other one tho?

Cats_say_moo
28-09-2013, 09:40 PM
The dates are a bit away from the other one tho?

I had a look into the other server minecon and one thing. It for sure does not focus on the community of booths. And it looks like a very childish server. If i wanted too i could apply for staff on there and im a horrible mod but, From what is shown on their website it looks like a advertizing stunt for creeperevents.com. Not at all a picture of booths only pictures of giant builds and if those are the booths there is no way im building a 150 x 150 booth for something that is focused on the guests. Is there any way you can show me around on the server seeing if it even seems professional?

jimred9
28-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Is there any way you can show me around on the server seeing if it even seems professional?creeper events is not a childish group with many well known gurests and more. Aswell its no advertising stunt as it is thier main event that they always have... And I am sorry, but I am unable to let you on the server as it is a whitelisted server which i have no control over. But if you show intest for a booth, even if you don't fully want one, you will be one of the first people to get on the server publicly. Also the server is currently bieng built and then world edited in one bit at a time as it is bieng built from scratch. Since the fun request ,by a mojanigsta, of deciding to blow up all of the world and deleting the file...But I may be able to show screenshots or something?Also the plots are in no way this buig, they are roughly 15x15ish blocks but that has not been confirmed.Btw we need more people to be staff on the server since the numbers visiting is above what is expected, so Cats please apply again and I shall put a good word in for you!!

Cats_say_moo
28-09-2013, 11:23 PM
so Cats please apply again and I shall put a good word in for you!!
Oh god what HAVE I DONE (No i already am staff for a server named Slap Gaming)

jimred9
29-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Oh god what HAVE I DONE (No i already am staff for a server named Slap Gaming)

Ok, you could always give a hand at another server for a bit is all im saying...

SparkleUnidog
30-09-2013, 01:34 AM
But as I said before Jim, the staff members are always pressed for time to play, and we already struggled to make sure we have staff free for the event we're currently at. And from what I myself sees, it looks like the event is more for games and such than the booths themselves. Why struggle to make sure someone is both free fro this event and the server if many won't visit the booths much? There's really no point.

I'd say if this booth at the event we're at is successful, we can consider maybe arranging to being at both next year. But for now, I still feel the one we have is enough for a try-out.

honkin_pigs
30-09-2013, 01:43 AM
But as I said before Jim, the staff members are always pressed for time to play, and we already struggled to make sure we have staff free for the event we're currently at. And from what I myself sees, it looks like the event is more for games and such than the booths themselves. Why struggle to make sure someone is both free fro this event and the server if many won't visit the booths much? There's really no point.

I'd say if this booth at the event we're at is successful, we can consider maybe arranging to being at both next year. But for now, I still feel the one we have is enough for a try-out.

Especially considering the one we currently have is a paid booth, so we want to concentrate our efforts on it to see if we can make it worth it. cannot wait for the many questions to be asked :3

jimred9
30-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Especially considering the one we currently have is a paid booth, so we want to concentrate our efforts on it to see if we can make it worth it. cannot wait for the many questions to be asked :3

The other event is a free plot event making it easier to get your hands on a plot as well... Also I'm able to get a reduction in the price of an upgrade if you guys whish to do so, making your plot even more noticeable(possibly a 50% reduction on any upgrade)

Cats_say_moo
30-09-2013, 08:46 PM
The other event is a free plot event making it easier to get your hands on a plot as well... Also I'm able to get a reduction in the price of an upgrade if you guys whish to do so, making your plot even more noticeable(possibly a 50% reduction on any upgrade)

CAUTION RANTING!>:(
Maybe you didn't notice, WE DON'T HAVE AVAILABLE STAFF, I am currently the person running the other minecon event and i had to choose 3 staff by most active due to i have no clue what their schedule is. Well see if this is a major failure in advertizing but maybe on the bright side it wont and well be featured in some of the giant list of youtubers and possibly the youtubers themselves. THEY ARE ON DIFFERENT DATES SOOOOOOOO WHAT, We dont even know if this will be a successful event Why do we need to have 2 booths if they are booth ending up flopping like slap gaming minecraft server did for about 6 months with averaging 6 players online daily. If anything this could be another rebirth of Slap Gaming. We understand your trying to get us to get a booth (on the server possible to help yourself out as staff?), YET we already have a booth. Also May i suggest closing this thread since its obvious what the other staff decided on this suggestion?

jimred9
01-10-2013, 03:06 PM
I understand the staff isuue and so I am sorry...
And no, me asking you to also come to this event is not to help myself but possibly help your server, thank you and I too believe this thread should be closed....

jimred9
01-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Jeez I'm sorry if anyone now hates me for this idea :S...

Telluur
01-10-2013, 06:04 PM