PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Help books

nirosu
29-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Heya, I know we might've had some similar suggestions, but not as quite as this.

Having a command that opens up guide books, in order to provide support for players with the technical side of the server, this command can be used or directed to by a guide if needed, as sometimes more tan one person needs technical support at a time.

I'd suggest having this like /home menu, where you can choose a guidebook to read, useful guidebooks would be: lwc commands, Color Codes(VIP, ryuuga has made one of these), Special Signs(lift, gate... maybe book sign :P) , builder/member/VIP guides (ryuuga wrote these, I have them in the Quill library), Slap Term of Service(thanks ryuuga, same as the guides mentioned before, it's actually 2 books, meaning a command or a bunch of signs might not hold enough space for that XD), Sell list(if we have something like that).

It would be really nice having this command, even when staff aren't on, our members can always direct new ones to this command, it might make our staves' work a lot easier sometimes :)

jimred9
29-09-2013, 02:31 PM
nice idea, me like +1

nirosu
29-09-2013, 02:32 PM
nice idea, me like +1

I see no like though :P

jimred9
30-09-2013, 03:12 PM
I see no like though :P

I can't like on a mobile device eaisaly, or I have to a long ish method..

Jackster21
03-10-2013, 09:06 PM
That's actually not a bad idea....

Stoux
05-10-2013, 02:36 AM
Did some research, books are almost completely client sided. Thus, I cannot do this or the other one.
Rejected due to being impossible.

nirosu
05-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Did some research, books are almost completely client sided. Thus, I cannot do this or the other one.
Rejected due to being impossible.

It's a shame mojang chose to make books that way :/ maybe someday it'll change.

Edit: I've thought of an alternative, while opening the books through the command, is nearly impossible, granting them should be more practical, however, that can be exploited, perhaps we could "bind" the granted help books to the character? or we could take the small risk of a possible exploit, as it won't bare too much profit, or having staff with the ability to grant the books in order to respond to certain modreqs more easily?