PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Set home view

Daire_Tomas
30-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Hey guys, My suggestion is simple: Beeing able to see how many or who set home on your wg,

This would be handy for many reasons, not wanting anyone knowing where you hide your stuff, or even a secret mine you have,

The main reason I and a few others ( when I mentioned it on the server today) is for say if you rent something I.e A grinder, you DONT want anyone there getting to use it for free,

Even something simple like the feather idea, right click an object?

That's all peace!

honkin_pigs
01-10-2013, 03:59 AM
much love for this idea, would love to know who has sethomes in some of my wgs as im sure sometimes people just appear :P

lordgandalf
01-10-2013, 06:36 AM
I would love to see this feature. It might be a bit of a expensive thingy to run in cpu time though because they need to check all players in the database if any player has a sethome on any block in the wg :S

honkin_pigs
01-10-2013, 07:04 AM
I would love to see this feature. It might be a bit of a expensive thingy to run in cpu time though because they need to check all players in the database if any player has a sethome on any block in the wg :S

Im sure stoux would figure an algorithm to do it efficently someway or another. if he put his amazing mind to it :P

Telluur
01-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Im sure stoux would figure an algorithm to do it efficently someway or another. if he put his amazing mind to it :P
The way homes are stored, no. You would have to loop through all player files........

honkin_pigs
01-10-2013, 12:34 PM
The way homes are stored, no. You would have to loop through all player files........

Ah well, the idea of it was nice, if it's impossible to work, then thats fair enough :P

nirosu
01-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Maybe it should be used as a staff tool, and can be requested only for special reasons.

jimred9
01-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Maybe it should be used as a staff tool, and can be requested only for special reasons.

Yep that would be better and to prevent lag or overuse.

Daire_Tomas
01-10-2013, 03:31 PM
If it was only ment for staff, I can picture many modreqs asking to see how many set home on their wg

Telluur
01-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Yep that would be better and to prevent lag or overuse.

Lag is not the issue. This command does absolutely nothing with the game loop.

SparkleUnidog
01-10-2013, 06:03 PM
If it was only ment for staff, I can picture many modreqs asking to see how many set home on their wg
To be honest, this wouldn't be any different to any other "question asking/please check" modreq ;D

lordgandalf
01-10-2013, 08:12 PM
The only problem that might be with this command is the loop through all player files.
That might take a strain on the server we might not want to happen

Stoux
02-10-2013, 04:32 AM
As Telluur & Gandalf already said, this would be incredible resource hungry. Add the fact that it isn't that important (I can understand it being usefull tho, don't get me wrong ;)): Rejected.
If you are sure someone has a home @ your house without you approving -> Take it to a staff member.