PDA

View Full Version : Sign this petion please...

jimred9
06-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Great Britain has the 2nd largest Minecraft fan base First it was in the US, then Paris and Now the US again. Us brits who can't afford a round trip on the Eurostar or take a flight to America and back would never have a chance to go.... So, let us have a proper taste of Minecon! After all major minecrafters like Yogscast are in England....

Please just sign this petion by clicking the link and maybe the UK could get Minecon for a change, once you have signed it why not pass on the link to your friends so we can get even more signatures...

Click here!!! (http://www.change.org/petitions/minecon-2014-in-the-uk)

Madkiller212
06-10-2013, 05:40 PM
I will even though I don't care :P

Cats_say_moo
06-10-2013, 06:12 PM
After all major minecrafters like Yogscast are in England

So this is a Petion for them to be able to go. Lmao

jimred9
06-10-2013, 06:43 PM
So this is a Petion for them to be able to go. Lmao

:p yeps

Jackster21
06-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi. I'm from England.
I went to Minecon 2012 in Paris, France.
I am also flying out to America in just over 2 weeks to go to Minecon 2013 in Orlando, Florida.
Whilst at the event I am volunteering, just like I did last year. This year I will be in-charge of a team of people and managing a large area of the event too. Mojang didn't pay for any of this, I'm funding it all myself, a guy from the UK. I know A LOT of other people from the UK, and other EU countries also travelling to Minecon 2013 in the US.

Yogscast may be from the UK, but any big YouTubers/Famous MC celebrities can afford to go to a Minecon. Also, Yogscast had a huge public falling out with Notch (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/22/minecrafts-notch-versus-yogscast-the-story-so-far/) over Minecon 2012 so they wouldn't attend even if it was in the UK.

The UK did hold a Minecraft Expo this year, it was at Insomnia 49 (http://insomniagamingfestival.com/2013/06/04/press-releases/insomnia-49-will-bring-the-global-phenomenon-minecraft-expo-to-the-summer-gaming-festival-23-26th-august-2013/) and was supported by Mojang as a Minecraft event.

honkin_pigs
06-10-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm also from the UK and could afford to go to america to minecon if i so wished, just get a job and save up money it's how most people afford to go on holidays, they dont just expect to be able to go without working for it :P

and also as jack said, there was insomnia event thingy which was supported by mojang, and on top of that theres lots of other conventions in the uk aswell that a lot of famous gaming commentators go to, i don't quite see the problem.

SparkleUnidog
07-10-2013, 12:45 PM
I'd only sign this just so it would be easier for me to go to Minecon, not so a bunch of snobby brats could go and act more snobby without having to pay for much. Sorry, but I don't much care for Yogcast. Their just... ugh.

We have Minecraft Expo, like Jack said - we can easierly go to that if we can't go to Minecon. Who knows, maybe some day Minecon will come to England, but right now, I'm happy to try and save up so I can go no matter where it is next year. Everyone else should do the same.

Besides, if you can't afford to travel to a convention/expo, then you shouldn't try to go. Just go when you save the money. :P

nirosu
07-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Well, I probably have other reasons why it's hard to go....
#visawaitingtimethingy #12hourflightwhythankyou

jimred9
07-10-2013, 03:58 PM
The main reason why I ask for you to sign this is because there are many young teenagers like my self who would love to go. If I was to think of getting tickets earlier in the year, it could have been like this....
'Hey, Can i get tickets for Minecon in a few Months'
(My mum) 'Yep sure, do you want a lift there?'
'Nope thanks, it's in America...' :d

You see what I mean :p, I can't just get out of the country like that....
Anyway I only include the Yogscast as the guy who made the peotion told me to add it in...

Also wouldn't it be better to be in the uk so you would not have to spend a load of money on transport?

honkin_pigs
07-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Jack will there be another minecraft related event at insomnia50?

http://bit.ly/199vQxg

There ya go.

jimred9
07-10-2013, 06:14 PM

jimred9
07-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Wow honkin, I had already looked at thier page and did not see any immediate information about it...

honkin_pigs
07-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Wow honkin, I had already looked at thier page and did not see any immediate information about it...

And jack will know more information than has been publically released? o.O i also managed to find information there, so you cant be looking to hard

Jackster21
07-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Jack will there be another minecraft related event at insomnia50?

at i50? No.
Possibly at the next summer iSeries, but I highly doubt it because of all the issues Minecraft attendees caused.

honkin_pigs
07-10-2013, 07:37 PM
There's going to be a some minecraft tournaments, or so their website says at least.

jimred9
08-10-2013, 03:58 PM
at i50? No.
Possibly at the next summer iSeries, but I highly doubt it because of all the issues Minecraft attendees caused.

Ahh thanks, I may go when there is an actual minecon related event...
Yep Honkin, I did not look very hard... :laugh:

jimred9
08-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Sorry for double posting but....

I'm asking for it to be brought to us, not we go to them; it'd because I ,and many others, are 18 yearold (ish) and and under, would love to go but its not like we can just hop on a plane and go in a few months time... See what I mean?

Cats_say_moo
08-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Sorry for double posting but....

I'm asking for it to be brought to us, not we go to them; it'd because I ,and many others, are 18 yearold (ish) and and under, would love to go but its not like we can just hop on a plane and go in a few months time... See what I mean?

I live in america and im not able to afford to go, lol , So I might aswell start a petition for them to come to the upper united states. Might aswell be in canada

lordgandalf
09-10-2013, 07:50 AM
It was in paris which isnt that far away from you so you could have been there with youre parents perms and maybey help.
I guess that Minecon 2014 is helt in europe again and alternating every year.
But being the biggest fanbase doesnt mean they have to do anything for you.
They select a place with easy access enough facilities (hotels and public transport) etc.
So i dont know if demanding them making minecon happen somewhere will have a positive effect it might even have a negative effect.

Just saying

jimred9
09-10-2013, 04:06 PM
It was in paris which isnt that far away from you so you could have been there with youre parents perms and maybey help.
I guess that Minecon 2014 is helt in europe again and alternating every year.
But being the biggest fanbase doesnt mean they have to do anything for you.
They select a place with easy access enough facilities (hotels and public transport) etc.
So i dont know if demanding them making minecon happen somewhere will have a positive effect it might even have a negative effect.

Just saying

Yes very true that idea is great :)