PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): More space, Less Waste

zapados3
08-10-2013, 09:22 PM
I think the server should allow certain items to be stacked. For example, saddles should be able to be stacked up to 8 saddles. This could make more space in chests and keep your items more organized. However, items like swords cannot be stacked. I think these items should be allowed to be stacked:

Items and Their Stack Limit:
Saddle - 8 Saddles

*Note - I just created this so i only have 1 thing listed so far. If you would like to add something, leave a post saying what item you think should be stackable and what the limit should be.

**Note - Items that cannot be stacked are weapons, tools, and armor for right now.

SparkleUnidog
09-10-2013, 01:54 AM
Isn't there a mod that lets you do this already? ._. Just use that.

nirosu
09-10-2013, 04:20 AM
Isn't there a mod that lets you do this already? ._. Just use that.

Our server was more or less, pure minecraft, no extra items or such changes, apart for awesome commands, while stacking items be nice, mojang does it all the time, reasons I see saddles non stacking because thy are sort of armoue, maybe in the future we could dye them, or enchant them.
If it's only saddles, I see no point in these, I believe it ruins the survival aspect in a way, you get more inventory space, sure some things are needed, like books, irl they are not as big as blocks, and they hardly taken into survival, so mojang decided in 1.7 to make them stackable, while saddles been here for quite a while, sure there should be a reason why not,and if there isn't one, waiting for the mod api might be good.

honkin_pigs
09-10-2013, 04:49 AM
i am fully for this suggestion, would also be nice if snowballs could stack to 64 not 16 :)

SparkleUnidog
09-10-2013, 12:48 PM
I still can't understand why you can't just use the mod... it does the same thing you're asking, and it works fine with the server. ._.

naithantu
09-10-2013, 01:46 PM
I still can't understand why you can't just use the mod... it does the same thing you're asking, and it works fine with the server. ._.

What mod are you talking about? A mod shouldn't be able to override the stack limit that minecraft (and therefore the server) has :3

Edit: OT: Don't really see the need for this, many items have already been made stackable in previous minecraft updates, leaving only armour, tools and a couple of barely ever used items (like saddles) non-stackable. Also, it's not possible to properly increase max stacksize. I think (didn't check this, but I'm fairly sure this is sort of how it works) that both the client and the server check stacksize. This means that we can change the server to allow bigger stacks, but in your client you still won't be able to place one saddle on another (could use a command to stack them, but that's quite messy...)

nirosu
09-10-2013, 02:41 PM
What mod are you talking about? A mod shouldn't be able to override the stack limit that minecraft (and therefore the server) has :3

Edit: OT: Don't really see the need for this, many items have already been made stackable in previous minecraft updates, leaving only armour, tools and a couple of barely ever used items (like saddles) non-stackable. Also, it's not possible to properly increase max stacksize. I think (didn't check this, but I'm fairly sure this is sort of how it works) that both the client and the server check stacksize. This means that we can change the server to allow bigger stacks, but in your client you still won't be able to place one saddle on another (could use a command to stack them, but that's quite messy...)

exactly what I thought you'd say, but if I'd said something like that, it wouldn't come out right :P