PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Some minigame suggestions

honkin_pigs
17-10-2013, 06:36 PM
So as new minigames seem to be a thing lately, i thought i'd list some for people to have a look at and maybe discuss in case they'd like to see them implemented here, will also try and guess how hard it would be to implement, feel free to make suggestions people, i can add them to the list, will update the opening post if one is rejected/accepted saying so :P

1. Dragon escape
This minigame is a parkour race kind of minigame, where you basically have to try and escape the dragon, or at least survive the longest. This one would probably be reasonably complicated to implement, as it requires changing how the ender dragon works, and also making it change blocks to entities to make them fall etc, still a pretty cool minigame, so suggesting it anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhDdNqjWZ9E

2. One in the chamber
This is a minigame based on the call of duty blackops game type, where you start with a ranged weapon with 1 ammo, and a mele weapon, if you use up your 1 ammo then you can only use mele, but if you kill anyone then you gain +1 ammo. There is normally also a limited amount of lives, so it's the last standing essentially. I think this would be a reasonably easy one to implement, as it doesn't seem to require too much complex coding, as none of the minecraft physics seem to be changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdfx4gExgjU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWiPkogV65gqqNkwqci4yZA

3. Hide n seek
Hide and seek is basically like the equivalent of prop hunt, you spawn into a map where you are either hiding, or seeking, and if you are hiding you need to disguise yourself as a prop/block in an environment where you wont stick out too much. the idea is for the seekers to then go find what looks out of place and kill them. not even sure how hard this would be to implement, probably somewhat challenging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlO97JnZ5-g

jimred9
17-10-2013, 07:18 PM
I love ideas 2 and 3 and would love to see ether of them implemented. maybe a more simple thing of an official parqour layout, which could be timed like the sonic race area?

nirosu
17-10-2013, 08:54 PM
hide and seek was suggested before, was rejected due to it being a private plugin or incompatible, or something like that. While I'd like to see some minigames, I am not quite sure about these yet.

honkin_pigs
17-10-2013, 09:36 PM
hide and seek was suggested before, was rejected due to it being a private plugin or incompatible, or something like that. While I'd like to see some minigames, I am not quite sure about these yet.

feel free to suggest some in which case, as i said ill gladly add to the list

Cats_say_moo
17-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Also one to add the TF2 Plugin made by skitscape and them, They give out the plugin so i think it would be compatible?

lordgandalf
18-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Would love to seed TF2 in minecraft become real.
Also love the one in the chamber mod

jimred9
18-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Would love to seed TF2 in minecraft become real.
Also love the one in the chamber mod

Me too! :D

cheos313
18-10-2013, 08:33 PM
SUPER Pirate Battle Royale Maybe? :3

TheKrafter1923
19-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I like the One in the Chamber but am curious about the Dragon Escape as I have never heard of it.

SparkleUnidog
20-10-2013, 05:44 PM
I saw the video of Skythekid doing a Dragon escape (I think it';s the same thing) looks fun at first, but i think you can get bored of it quick.

honkin_pigs
21-10-2013, 01:36 AM
I saw the video of Skythekid doing a Dragon escape (I think it';s the same thing) looks fun at first, but i think you can get bored of it quick.

It'd be the same with a lot of minigames imo, ive played a good few hours of it and didnt really get too bored

zapados3
21-10-2013, 04:00 AM
i don't really think you'll ever get bored of a mini game as long as it changes.

For example, adding new maps, adding new obstacles, adding classes would all make the mini games way more fun.

Ex.

Normal Dragon Escape - Survive the longest while running from dragon...-_-

Upgraded Dragon Escape - Survive the longest using different classes, avoiding traps and obstacles, and most importantly running from the dragon...:D

blackhawkbomber2
21-10-2013, 04:17 AM
I like the One In the Chamber idea, and would play if it was implemented.

honkin_pigs
22-10-2013, 08:22 AM
so far the one in the chamber suggestion seems the most supported, the tf2 one also has a lot of support but i know it uses command blocks, so idk if that's too possible or not, replacating the command blocks without the actuall comand blocks.

Stoux
14-11-2013, 02:24 AM
Might add One in the Chamber, as for the rest rejected (for now). Need to finish the other mini games first.

honkin_pigs
14-11-2013, 02:32 AM
yup at the time this was suggested i had no idea how many minigames were in work, to my knowledge sonic was all we had, more than content with whats currently being worked on