PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): /seen

Swiftblade
19-10-2013, 09:02 PM
I always seem to find myself asking staff if they can do /seen so i can check my friends last activity. I was wondering if implementing this into the donation bundle could be done. V.I.P's would be able to do /seen. I dont see anything that could be bad with V.I.P's having access to this command. Hopefully you take this into concideration

Blake
19-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I like This idea cause it gives VIP's another use and so people don't always have to ask mods when soandso was last on

nirosu
20-10-2013, 04:14 AM
Meh, if we gonna get it, I see no reason to this being hogged by VIP, it should be available for all if available for one... but there are reasons why it's not, but if we make some sort of a friend system or /seenblock that would block players from checking that, it could be possible :P

jimred9
20-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Meh, if we gonna get it, I see no reason to this being hogged by VIP, it should be available for all if available for one... but there are reasons why it's not, but if we make some sort of a friend system or /seenblock that would block players from checking that, it could be possible :P

The reason why we would add i lt to VIP is to give another reason why you want to get vip

Cats_say_moo
20-10-2013, 11:24 AM
If it was only a vip feature i think players would harass vips to /seen their friends like how people already harass vips to give tps for their friends

jimred9
20-10-2013, 01:55 PM
If it was only a vip feature i think players would harass vips to /seen their friends like how people already harass vips to give tps for their friends

Yea, that's always a problem...

Swiftblade
20-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Idk what we could do to prevent other users from asking to /seen. Maybe we can just let them figure it out that only V.I.P's can do it

nirosu
20-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Idk what we could do to prevent other users from asking to /seen. Maybe we can just let them figure it out that only V.I.P's can do it

we can... well... allow everyone to use it? what kind of VIP benefit is that? after all any member can ask a mod to do so, it isn't really special extension of VIP powers, just... well, minor feature helping VIP to experience gameplay with less need of staff...

horsegal00
20-10-2013, 04:19 PM
But if it was just a VIP feature, then well.... more people would be encouraged to buy VIP, yes?

SparkleUnidog
20-10-2013, 05:47 PM
How about we decide if the plugin guys wanna allow the use of the command first before deciding what rank gets it, yes? xD

nirosu
20-10-2013, 06:38 PM
But if it was just a VIP feature, then well.... more people would be encouraged to buy VIP, yes?

Nope, it won't be a thing that will make people go and buy VIP off the shelves.... would it? as members have the ability to ask staff for it, and staff is usually on.

How about we decide if the plugin guys wanna allow the use of the command first before deciding what rank gets it, yes? xD

indeed

Ryuuga
20-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Could someone explain to me again why they need this command?
I mean If I see my friend was last on 14 hours ago what does that tell me? that he was online 14 hours ago and.... that's it. I mean If my friend stopped playing on the server I presume he would tell me /other people so I would find out if I asked around. And asking the staff if needed is just a small step.
If he was away for 30 mins because he was going to eat it wouldn't be mentioned by /seen(the /afk function is more usefull in this case). If I didn't see my friend for 2 days I'd send them an in-game mail asking about it (this way you could check if they were still playing but at time you're not on). basically I don't get why people need the command I could understand you might wanna know if your friend was online but you could simply ask around and people would most likely give you some kind of response. In my eyes implementing the command for the 5 or so people who are just curious about when their friend was last on is just a way bigger bother than it is worth.

Wackmo
21-10-2013, 01:53 AM
Could someone explain to me again why they need this command?
I mean If I see my friend was last on 14 hours ago what does that tell me? that he was online 14 hours ago and.... that's it. I mean If my friend stopped playing on the server I presume he would tell me /other people so I would find out if I asked around. And asking the staff if needed is just a small step.
If he was away for 30 mins because he was going to eat it wouldn't be mentioned by /seen(the /afk function is more usefull in this case). If I didn't see my friend for 2 days I'd send them an in-game mail asking about it (this way you could check if they were still playing but at time you're not on). basically I don't get why people need the command I could understand you might wanna know if your friend was online but you could simply ask around and people would most likely give you some kind of response. In my eyes implementing the command for the 5 or so people who are just curious about when their friend was last on is just a way bigger bother than it is worth.

No, its not necessary, but I do think /seen would be nice. Sometimes there are no staff members online, and you remember someone that you haven't seen online in a while. Yeah, I guess you could send em ig mail, but what if they've become inactive? I don't think it would be used often. I don't think we need it implemented. I don't think it would have a huge benefit. But I do think it would be nice to have.

Basically, if it isn't hard to add, I think members should get /seen.
If it is hard to implement, don't bother.

zapados3
21-10-2013, 03:56 AM
well you see ryuuga, not everyone can send mail....that's a VIP and higher perk. /seen may not tell you when they're coming back online, but it can tell you how long it's been so you can msg them through de forums or other communications. /seen should just be a command that could be used by all except for builders. This would encourage builders to become members then possibly VIP.

In short, make /seen a member and higher perk.

nirosu
21-10-2013, 04:20 AM
well you see ryuuga, not everyone can send mail....that's a VIP and higher perk. /seen may not tell you when they're coming back online, but it can tell you how long it's been so you can msg them through de forums or other communications. /seen should just be a command that could be used by all except for builders. This would encourage builders to become members then possibly VIP.

In short, make /seen a member and higher perk.

I seriously have no freaking idea who'd become a member just to have /seen, let alone VIP. It can be nice to be implemented, but it mostly depends whether it's hard to allow members to use it or not, let alone it's efficiency, I'm sure using staff to do it like, 2-4 times a week, and I'd do it more if I had the power.

Stoux
21-10-2013, 08:44 AM
well you see ryuuga, not everyone can send mail....that's a VIP and higher perk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

Mail is available for all members+ (has been for a couple of months)

Swiftblade
21-10-2013, 10:50 PM
I seriously have no freaking idea who'd become a member just to have /seen, let alone VIP. It can be nice to be implemented, but it mostly depends whether it's hard to allow members to use it or not, let alone it's efficiency, I'm sure using staff to do it like, 2-4 times a week, and I'd do it more if I had the power.

Its not neccassary to say it would encourage them to get VIP or member. It would just be a useful tool for them to use if staff are AFK or currently offline

naithantu
22-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Don't like this, I really expect this to cause problems some day. /seen gives a really precise time, the stalk potential here is quite big. If we do add this then I'd at least prefer to see a command that only gives days and not hours, minutes & seconds.
Adding to that I don't see the need for this at all. Just making a modreq if you ever need to know seems to work fine, it's not like you need /seen daily

crazyredhead27
22-10-2013, 03:53 PM
How could some one stalk you by knowing when you were on and even if they could this is mc you can just tp away and if it's really bad tell a mod/admin.

honkin_pigs
22-10-2013, 04:22 PM
don't really see all that much need for this, as all you need to do is ask a staff member and they'll tell you, and it's at least 18 hours a day staffed.

horsegal00
22-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeh, I agree with honkin on this one.

Ratking15
28-10-2013, 12:32 AM
However I have found that at times when there's mod's or admin's online they sometimes don't reply due to being afk and doing a /modreq doesn't do a poking sound or something like that. So really this would be usefull to have just have it say the hours min and about 14 days max because that way people can see if they should be worried about their friends or not if they can only contact them through minecraft. Also if you have it as being available to all then you can have the server being much more likeable to new people and it can help to see if you should ask for an admin or mod to remove their plot and /lwc instead of waiting for a mod/admin to notice. Finally it helps to know of what people might stay on the server too since you can see if someone who joined lately is still coming on and so you know if you see them online or something that you can ask them why they haven't to see if it's a server problem or something along those lines.

Also /seen can be used even more effectively when used with /ar check so you can see a players play time on the server for admin/mod purposes and below.

Stoux
28-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Since it's not really necessary I'm going to reject it.
Just ask a Mod(+).