PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): 1.7 Itemframes and maps

nirosu
26-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Heya.

I believe maps should be allowed on item frames due to 1.7, as said by mojang :

Put them in an item frame and hang them on your wall. They’re extra big!
Lots of new colours for lots of blocks!
Now with less lag!

Due to these, I believe we should either allow maps, or #BlameMojang for lying bout it's lag-span(if it still too laggy)

(maps no longer show players in frames, that decreases lag too)

crazyredhead27
26-10-2013, 07:43 AM
I was going to suggest this for the same reason but how about we limit every wg to 4 maps just incase they do cause lag.
-Crazy

nirosu
26-10-2013, 07:50 AM
I was going to suggest this for the same reason but how about we limit every wg to 4 maps just incase they do cause lag.
-Crazy

in case? it's up to plugin guys to decide that first of all, and putting a limit isn't just a click of a button... >.>

crazyredhead27
03-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Is anything gunna be done with this thread?

nirosu
03-11-2013, 06:54 PM
not until 1.7, then the plugin guys could see how that works and such, it'll probably be some time, as bukkit have yet to update, and the plugin dudes have probably much things to do when it comes.

horsegal00
03-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Agree with redhead that there should be some limit on the amount of maps.

nirosu
03-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Agree with redhead that there should be some limit on the amount of maps.

but if the new map update would result in having nearly no lag at all, why should there be a limit?

honkin_pigs
03-11-2013, 08:21 PM
it says less lag, it doesnt mention no lag, at all.
and have you tested this on a server with a similar plugin and hardware set up to slap? you seem pretty sure there will be no lag or close to no lag judging from your posts

nirosu
04-11-2013, 06:41 AM
it says less lag, it doesnt mention no lag, at all.
and have you tested this on a server with a similar plugin and hardware set up to slap? you seem pretty sure there will be no lag or close to no lag judging from your posts

no, but I'm saying neither do you can test it out atm, and it's up to the plugin guys to decide that, my point is to see if we could allow them, and not to enforce a limit, if a limit is needed, then the plugin guys will say so, no need to push it >.>

naithantu
04-11-2013, 11:45 AM
There's no point in posting here now, we will test the maps when bukkit 1.7 is released.
Also, everything causes "lag" aka use cpu time. It's just that some things cause excessive amounts of lag (so in the case of the maps: one wall with 30 maps could lower the tps to 10 on my test server)

Stoux
22-01-2014, 01:18 AM
Incase you didn't notice yet: Added.