PDA

View Full Version : Tekkit / FTB

Jace_Keltner_GDR
09-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Hey I just thought I might put it out there that I really would like if slap had a tekkit server such as attack of the B-Team or tekkit classic or anything. It could also be a fees the beast server I just thought it would be cool to be able to still play with the same cool people like on the vanilla server but on a mod pack.

lordgandalf
09-04-2014, 07:18 AM
There have been multiple user attempts on this it needs a really powerfull server

naithantu
09-04-2014, 12:12 PM
There have been multiple user attempts on this it needs a really powerfull server

Not even that, running a tekkit/ftb/any other big heavy modpack server is pretty much impossible. I've played most modpacks with Telluur/Stoux/others and generally the server already starts having lower tickrates as our base increases in size. All bigger modpack servers have a load of banned items as well as many rules banning big machines / requiring you to have an off switch to disable the machine. I've tried playing on modpack servers in the past, never enjoyed it at all. If you want to play the modpack with friends it's really best to just run a server on your computer, way more fun.

Swiftblade
09-04-2014, 07:41 PM
These mods basically grief landscape over time and would be hard to control. As in plots etc... Items would also need to be taken out because of their power in some cases. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge @honkin.

honkin_pigs
09-04-2014, 08:00 PM
i did run us a rather successfull tekkit server for a while, worked well, we didnt have anyone abusing items, nothing was banned. might host something for some people again sometime soon, but would probably just go ftb this time.

Swiftblade
09-04-2014, 10:23 PM
i did run us a rather successfull tekkit server for a while, worked well, we didnt have anyone abusing items, nothing was banned. might host something for some people again sometime soon, but would probably just go ftb this time.

We're gonna be on the same team again <3

Jace_Keltner_GDR
09-04-2014, 11:07 PM

If you do creat one I would love to join honkin

jimred9
13-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Ahh put the tekkit server back up, I never finished my pub...