PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Random Events

Stoux
24-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Other games (as in not-minecraft) often have random events. Things that just happen out of nowhere. Free-roaming games are great for things like this (Any GTA, Saints Row, Watch_Dogs, Red Dead, etc etc). So I think it would be fun if we could implements some of these 'random' events. Afterall, Minecraft is a free-roaming game.

My imagination on things like these are quite meh, so that's why I ask you guys: Do you have any ideas for Random Events?

List (Will add suggestions from comments):

Random mob army attack (An army of mobs attacks something, and the player need to intervene and defend it). ~Me

I know, its a very long list, that's why I am asking you guys for ideas!

xiTropicz
24-05-2014, 09:27 AM
What I've always though would be awesome is a zombie invasion sort of thing. A lot like your idea but you have to defend a castle. There is a mod for this that could be used as a reference? it uses a block that all the mobs try and destroy.
Video of the mod: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0MbkJ7bKmE)
Obviously you wouldn't be able to have all the extra shizz like the traps and swords and stuff. Or even have the mobs break down blocks?

lordgandalf
24-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Are these going to be minigames or taking place at seperate prepped locations.
I liked the pigman attack whe had a while back neer the nether portal.
Would love to see some of those coming to the server but not like im working on a house and get zombie army attacking me :P

xiTropicz
24-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Well I suppose it would be a optional task kinda thing where the whole server is involved? :P

Blake
24-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Maybe rarely a giant zombie could randomly spawn through out the world

Jackster21
25-05-2014, 08:32 PM
This... This sounds awesome!

Suggestion; A server-wide broadcast goes out, giving all online players the task of killing XX number of XXXX or collecting YY of YYYYYY within a set amount of time - first person to do so, wins something?

nirosu
26-05-2014, 05:11 AM
Suggestion; A server-wide broadcast goes out, giving all online players the task of killing XX number of XXXX or collecting YY of YYYYYY within a set amount of time - first person to do so, wins something?

Perhaps making this a race, which will stop after the 5th or 3rd winner, or when the time limit is up(putting a time limit could be good).

jimred9
26-05-2014, 06:19 PM
What a about a random mining challenge; first to 10 diamonds or something like jack said ^

zapados3
27-05-2014, 05:15 AM
ahh all the memories of the zombie pigmen killing me, the anvil rains, and the sign hunts. Such good memories.

Idea: Die in a certain way.

Ex. Die to a creeper. Or die to lava. Even die to horses suffocating you. Just make sure you store your stuff first :P

nirosu
27-05-2014, 06:43 AM
ahh all the memories of the zombie pigmen killing me, the anvil rains, and the sign hunts. Such good memories.

Ex. Die to a creeper. Or die to lava. Even die to horses suffocating you. Just make sure you store your stuff first :P

Add random nukes to the list xD

Slacky
27-05-2014, 09:35 AM
We could also involve the minigames for some of the challenges? First one to win a game of spleef/tnt run, first one to complete the Sonic track, ...

Jace_Keltner_GDR
27-05-2014, 04:55 PM
We could also involve the minigames for some of the challenges? First one to win a game of spleef/tnt run, first one to complete the Sonic track, ...

What would be pretty cool is if you could have to win a certain amount of each game and the first to it wins. You could also have a set time to play the games and it could be the person with the most wins by the end wins something for the kind of game.

Example:
Most last man standing on cake defense by end of timer: 30 iron, 10 dia, 20 gold and a double chest of cakes.

Jace_Keltner_GDR
27-05-2014, 04:59 PM

Don't forget stoux spawning in mobs stack on top of each other... NO ONE MENTION A WITCH HUT... You will get mile high witch tower throwing potions at you!

SparkleUnidog
02-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Haven't we got a list for "Quests" of sorts somewhere? Why not use them as well? They were pretty much free-roaming anyway.

nirosu
02-06-2014, 02:47 PM
How about adding those random events during special times that are announced before hand? for example:"Quest week July 2014 6-12" with a few quests per day, and the one who wins most will be announced as a quest master of the month, maybe a temporary title/rank, gives some feeling of achievement.

The use of special announced periods will make sure it's not overused like lottery, and to make it feel special, if it's daily or once every 2-3 days it might get old with not much participants.

Jace_Keltner_GDR
04-06-2014, 09:47 PM
How about adding those random events during special times that are announced before hand? for example:"Quest week July 2014 6-12" with a few quests per day, and the one who wins most will be announced as a quest master of the month, maybe a temporary title/rank, gives some feeling of achievement.

The use of special announced periods will make sure it's not overused like lottery, and to make it feel special, if it's daily or once every 2-3 days it might get old with not much participants.

I think that sounds cool. But to add to it it could be something other than a quest it could even be one of those building events we do on holidays and even just use the games we already have and who ever win the most of them will win.