PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): /shout

IsaacGS459
27-05-2014, 09:20 PM
I would like to see a /shout command in addition to /me. /me can be just random comments, for examlple:
** IsaacGS459 trips over his own feet again **

The /shout command would be more for selling items, in this way:
IsaacGS459 is selling/looking for orange armor! $25 for each piece! **
In this way, when somebody is selling/buying something, it will be a little bit more noticeable. Just a thought.

nirosu
28-05-2014, 08:44 PM
blue text, is annoying here.

Shouting is pretty much... CAPS, in the concept that is, I can see this abused, and I can see no need when we got /me.

IsaacGS459
28-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Yeah, blue was bad against grey. It doesn't have to be blue.
I understand your reasoning with the abusement. However, /me can be abused too, and regular chat. Also, it could be made to where you have to be either Member or VIP to use the command. The color can even be associated with the rank you are at. Unlike /me, which is a flat grey, meant to blend into the background.

nirosu
29-05-2014, 11:12 AM
The server has an economy, but it's not an economy server, so... using this to sell items doesn't seem like a good enough reason, in other words colored chat.

I think some would agree that we prefer our chat clean from overuse of colors. and there's a reason why only mods + can use colors in chat.

Stoux
29-05-2014, 02:35 PM
/me, only more annoying. No thank you.

EndurableJono
29-05-2014, 02:35 PM
I agree with Nirosu. Only members of staff are able to use colour in the chat, meaning that this wouldn't be a wise idea. Plus, there's always going to be the people that abuse the right to have the colours, or keep spamming them in the chat.

I think that this could be a good idea, but most people seem to get getting along fine without it, so I feel this would not actually be needed.