PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): /ptime to normal players in the creative world.

Blake
30-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Title says it all. I think its a good idea to give it to players in the creative world because some people dont like it turning night and cant see when building.

Jace_Keltner_GDR
30-01-2015, 10:50 PM
It will be annoying when some ppl want it dark and some want light , cause I have had a couple builds I like to see in the dark to know what it will look like. May cause an argument

GunSlinger4750
31-01-2015, 12:17 AM
It will be annoying when some ppl want it dark and some want light , cause I have had a couple builds I like to see in the dark to know what it will look like. May cause an argument

if possible, could make it a voting system then, if 50% do the command, then it becomes day, if under 50%, leave it night

IsaacGS459
31-01-2015, 03:45 AM
That would be a pain to program, gun. It would be convenient, but in the end I believe the command should stay under admin control. The best improvement i see is giving the command to mods.

Blake
31-01-2015, 03:59 AM
Mods to indeed have this command and the command lets you choose what kind of time you want not on the full server. Prob should have added that in the first post >.< My mistake

IsaacGS459
31-01-2015, 07:53 PM
I understand it's not on the full server; each world has its own time. Also, I didn't know mods had that ability. Honkin changed the time for me so I could view lighting on a map while babydoggy acually answered the modreq saying she couldn't do it.

However, I still believe too much fighting over the time would happen if this was an option in creative. Even if it's limited to VIPs, it's mainly VIPs that get on nowadays. Many people building maps in creative want certain lighting for their map; some want it daytime, some want sunrise/sunset, and some want nighttime for lighting effects. And there's always the one person that loves to spam commands. In the end, I see more harm coming to this being implemented than good.

Jace_Keltner_GDR
31-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Maybe change this post to /night_vision so it would only affect the person who uses it. It could give the player perm night vision (in creative) until the player types the command again.

IsaacGS459
01-02-2015, 05:14 AM
That sounds like a surprisingly good idea. Problem is developing it.q

Jace_Keltner_GDR
01-02-2015, 07:59 AM
That sounds like a surprisingly good idea. Problem is developing it.q

Surprisingly? Who I look like to you an idiot? Lol jk I know what u mean.

BabyDoggyShadow
01-02-2015, 01:12 PM
I was told to answer in that way as honkin had already taken care of it, sorry for the mis-wording causing confusion :P

Stoux
01-02-2015, 07:37 PM
This whole thread confuses me.

To clarify: /ptime = /playertime. It changes the time for one player. So I can set my time to night while everyone else in the world has day.
Think this has been suggested on a staff meeting before, I forgot my reasons against it so I guess we can add it in creative?

IsaacGS459
01-02-2015, 07:42 PM
That sounds like a surprisingly good idea. Problem is developing it.
This may have been the reason? The developing aspect, that is

Stoux
01-02-2015, 07:52 PM
This may have been the reason? The developing aspect, that is

The command already exists.

IsaacGS459
02-02-2015, 07:19 AM
Oh. Well, then. I would love the command in creative while building.

Stoux
10-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Found the reason why this command was a problem.

If you change the time -> Switch world -> Your /ptime still stands. Even in worlds where you can't change it.

On hold for now.

Stoux
02-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Fixed with SlapHomebrew. Available next restart.