Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Nirosu's Slap-Snap Vol. 2: Arykai the Tree

Menu http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...-Nirosu-s-Menu

Heya, this week's Slap-Snap star is actually a Tree, no other than Arykai.

As some of you can notice, Arykai is a VIP with a special title, Arykai the tree, it was given to him because of one of his greatest contribution to the server, Haven, which you may see in the pictures below.

This time, the Slap-Snap will have both an interview and pictures, we'll start with pictures.

Slap-Snap I.jpg
    Arykai's Sky Castle, in the middle lies the Tree Sage, it is recommanded to go look for yourself at the sky castle adventure! looking for the entrence? it's in the jungle biome, just behind you when you reach there, do note there are 2 jungle biomes, so don't look too much if you accidently took the wrong one.

Slap-Snap III.jpg
    Haven, one of the server's biggest builds, is indeed one of Arykai's greatest builds, such a interesting shape and balance.

Slap-Snap IV.jpg
    Do not be mistaken, the inside is still as good as the outside!

Slap-Snap V.jpg
    This one is less known, Arykai made it as a special gift for someone, basicly I had to take a picture, LoZ FTW, and if you press the button there, you can hear Saria's Song which Arykai cought with some noteblox.

and Lastly a sneak peak to Arykai's next secret project:
    Slap-Snap II.jpg
    Do notice the excellent balance of the floor with the quartz use, when building with an unparralel road/shape, simmetrical patterns may fail, therefore this use of quartz at this kind of floor is surely impressive.

And now for a little interview with Arykai!

1. Where does you inspiration comes from?

My inspirations comes from trees of course! They're such a large part of almost every environment. With them being such a renewable resource and easy to harvest they make for the best material to utilize in crafts.

2. How much time did it take to build Haven and Sky Castle?

Haven was built 100% without creative, so it took me a long time. I think a full months time. It was originally supposed to be from a plan I found on a website, but I got the original dimensions wrong on the first layer so I just decided to wing it and build it my way. As for Sky Castle, that wasn't 100% survival. There are a lot of aspects about that build that could not have been accomplished or integrated without the great help from the Slap Staff members. Just about every single one of them have contributed to it. The first three challenges leading up to Sky Castle were built by me, even the cloud island was. Though the redstone circuits, messages and telepads were from staff. Also most of the Sky Castle was built in single player creative. I just didn't have the online funds to gather or buy all the materials I needed. The time it took me to build Sky Castle was even longer than Haven! There were delays, problems importing the MC Edit file, and other things. I would say it took maybe four months to build. It is the most complicated build I have ever made.

3. Can you tell something about your next project?

This one will take me ages to finish. I just know it. This is a section from my next online adventure map. If you've played through the Sky Castle Adventure then you'll know of the Forest Elemental in the castle. This will be a throne for a Fire Elemental who needs the help of a hero. It's no where near done, only just beginning. I've learned a bunch from my last build. I hope to integrate redstone circuits better and more monster challenges. I know I'll need help with redstones and Server Staff.

4. Do you have any kind of a moto/catch phrase?

I have a couple that I like to use. Every so often when I log off I like to type "Care, Create, Craft." I like this one, it's simple and really reflects the server.
    Then of course I have my "*Tree Noises*". Just a funny thing since trees don't make much noise unless the wind is blowing.

5. Any additional info?

I'm glad to have found this server filled with people who enjoy crafting and playing video games. I hope to build more great things for others to interact with or be inspired by. I also want to make more videos for the server and my own YouTube channel. I'd like to write as well as come up with stories, and liking such things helps me build creative things in Minecraft.

Now for the evaluation part:
    IGN: Arykai
    Builder Rank: Slaptacular
    Speciality: Trees, Huge stuff.

Join us later this week, or next week at our next Slap-Snap! and let me tell you who are to be checked for the next Slap-Snap: will it be Pink Princess Jackster21? probably not. Will it be a majestic creature such as a Unidog? or maybe even a lobster? at any case, even if I'll choose someone else from these 3, join us next time on Slap-Snap!

Yours truly,
    Nirosu.

Seen the first Slap-Snap yet?

http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...oddess-Daloria
    Last edited by nirosu; 15-05-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    I remember giving you that WG on the mountain for ya fire theme adventure, Treeman

I was such a proon back then.

Such great builds! I believe helping you face the Wither skeleton and Skeleton heads on ya adventure map, way before it was ready, was the first time I really met you. :3

Another good job Niro! You're good at these!
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

3. Likes Arykai liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ You still are a proon sparkle! >=D

But on a serious note, nice job Nirosu!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    where is that triforce I can't seem to find it on the map :S I wanna listen to the song

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Arykai
    Minecraft Name
    Arykai The Tree
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuga View Post
    where is that triforce I can't seem to find it on the map :S I wanna listen to the song

It's just east of the Sky Castle. It has its own small island with beacons. It's not perfect, but it was my first try at making a note block build. >.<

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool xD

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby
    New project looks awesome. O_O
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

9. Likes Arykai liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    Quote Originally Posted by Arykai View Post
    It's just east of the Sky Castle. It has its own small island with beacons. It's not perfect, but it was my first try at making a note block build. >.<
    I has a /sethome there ;D
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

11. Likes Arykai liked this post