Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tips and Tricks

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Tips and Tricks

GENERAL
    FOV (Field of View)
    First you have to enable the console in the options> Keyboard> Advanced
    After that hit the ''~'' button and typ in ''viewmodel_fov (the number you wish to use)''
    I got my FOV set to 90 so it look like this ''viewmodel_fov 90''

Easy way to idle!
    FYI when you idle once a week you get more items, how it works?? you just join a idle server and leave the game running BUT i found a different way to idle without even launching the game!!

-textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 2 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"

Copy and paste that into your Set Launch Options (goto steam library and right mouse click on TF2>properties) and when you run TF2 it will create a textmode listen server to idle in. It's all automatic, no need to look up or join a server or anything, just launch TF2 and leave it. After few hours or something click on X and close the window and delete text from launch options to play the game normal way.

How do you see the amount of damage you do to the other players??!
    Just goto your advance options Multiplayer > Advanced > Combat Options > Tick 'Display damage done as text over your target'

This is very useful just try it :P

Hit Sound!!
    When you hit the enemy it will play a THING sound, this lets you know that you hit the target. This is very useful if you are trying to hit a enemy that is hiding behind a wall or something.
    To enable this just goto your Advanced Options > Combat Options > Tick 'Play a hit sound everytime you injure an enemy'

Free Hat!!
    Follow these steps to get a free hat
    This hat can be used by all your characters

Step 1) Install the game Spiral Knights from Steam (its a f2p game). Create your character.
    Step 2) Complete the Tutorial. Get to the Refugee Camp.
    Step 3) Once you are at the Camp, keep headed North untill you get to a elevator called Haven Terminal.
    Step 4) Use the terminal to join a party, and Complete the doungeon.
    Step 5) After you exit the doungeon, you will be in Haven. Head North untill you get to the area "The Arcade"
    Step 6) Enter the Arcade, and go into ANY doungeon from the Elevator Terminals up North
    Step 7) Keep playing through the doungeons (You can rush by most mosters) When you go down a few levels, you will get the achivement "Mission Complete"
    Step 8) You will get a message from Saxton Hale about your new Spiral Sallet! Launch TF2 and recive it!!

Here are some pictures of the hat :P

How to use a custom HUD!!
    Step 1) Obtain the HUD files from http://www.gamebanana.com/tf2/guis

Step 2) Using Winzip, or any similar tool, extract the HUD files, into the "tf directory"
    This directory can be found in the following path(s):
    64bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf
    32bit OS: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf

I am using Garm3n Tanlight HUD, you can get it from here http://www.sdx-gaming.eu/?page_id=4097

SOLDIER
    How to Rocket Jump the right way
    Aim at your feets and shoot and right at that moment press spacebar and CTRL. If you dont press CTRL you wont jump very high. While you are in air don't press 'w'. You're faster when just using 'a' and 'd' to strafe

Using a Rocket Launcher!!
    Always go for the splash damage, dont try to direct hit unless you are using the Direct Hit Rocket Launcher. By splash damage i mean shoot close to there feet. And always reload your more then 1 rocket because the first reload (the rocket he puts in) is always slow, after the first one it goes little faster.

PYRO
    Pyro Detonator Glitch etc.
    When you get covered in Jarete just aim at your feets and shoot with you detonator and voila Jarete is gone :P
    Also you can detonator jump, its like the rocket jump you do with the soldier but with the detonator its a mini rocket jump

Using pyro at his best!
    Most people always run around spamming mouse button 1 but dont forget that you can airblast people/projectiles. And some of you weapons do mini-crits when the enemy is on fire so use them. Here is a gameplay how i play pyro. I use all my weapons and not only running around with my flamethrower and trying to bbq people.
    And always check for spys if you dont wanna waste your ammo just try to walk trough them.
    If he is a spy you will bump in to him if not you will just walk trough him.
    [youtube:1jpnzwba]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1H8IDCUEQ0[/youtube:1jpnzwba]

ps. More will be added

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips and Tricks

You, sir, deserve a medal for this topic :D

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Laegluin
    Minecraft Name
    Laegluin
    Starcraft Name
    Laegluin

I would idle, sadly I play so much tf2 a week that it wouldn't drop any item xD

Oh, and you forgot quickswitch. It's under advanced options and lets you switch weapons without pressing mouse1 again. Also you should probably add some gameplay tips :P

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laegluin
    I would idle, sadly I play so much tf2 a week that it wouldn't drop any item xD

Oh, and you forgot quickswitch. It's under advanced options and lets you switch weapons without pressing mouse1 again. Also you should probably add some gameplay tips :P
    i play tf2 alot but i still get some items when i idle :P
    and some people prefer not to use quickswitch for some reason.
    And i am doing some gameplay tips, i just need to take some screenshots as an example :P

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    s!ap.hbmann
    Minecraft Name
    hbmann

Quote Originally Posted by Damsco
    Easy way to idle!
    Ok, but do you know any method to bind this way to a .bat file?

EDIT:
    Think I found a way.

Write

hl2.exe -game tf -textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 2 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"

into a .txt file and change the file extension to .bat
    put these file into your Steam > SteamApps > *username* > team fortress 2 folder.
    There should be hl2.exe

Just double click this file...

After testing this Method a bit: It doesn't work!!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

thx hbmann i will add that one too :D

EDIT: thx for the update about that :P

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Laegluin
    Minecraft Name
    Laegluin
    Starcraft Name
    Laegluin

I never tried that, but the detonator is kinda awesome, especially on goldrush.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

I never tried that, but the detonator is kinda awesome, especially on goldrush.
    detonator is not that good because you get mini-crits with the flare gun if the enemy is on fire so that i prefer the flare gun :P
    but sometimes i just use the detonator to fool around >_<

AND UPDATED :P

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Laegluin
    Minecraft Name
    Laegluin
    Starcraft Name
    Laegluin

I'm talking about the detonator jump, that's the biggest upside of it. :)

Oh and just one general rule as pyro: Never rely on your flamethrower, use other weapons to deal damage.

Btw, did you ever try the homewrecker? It's a pretty good weapon if you don't like the axtinguisher.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm talking about the detonator jump, that's the biggest upside of it. :)

Oh and just one general rule as pyro: Never rely on your flamethrower, use other weapons to deal damage.

Btw, did you ever try the homewrecker? It's a pretty good weapon if you don't like the axtinguisher.
    yea the homewrecker is good too if you have to much engineers on your team or on the other team because it can remove the sapper and deals extra damage to buildings :P