Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Some clarification on the terms and conditions.

I'd like to know where the line lies on this specific term:

3.5.0. advertising for other servers/clans (also belongs to the SLAP Gaming Facebook group).
    4.4.0. Advertising any other minecraft services is not allowed.

Define, Advertising: Describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance.

If I talk about a different server is that considered advertising, without the attached IP address.
    If I talk to someone in a private message, who I already know, about a said server/clan is that considered advertising - I would have thought not as it's not public?
    If I talk about a different server/clan with no intention of trying to promote it is that considered advertising, or is talking about other servers completely forbidden?
    Does 4.4.0. mean that if I talk about something such as Yogscast then I am falling foul of this rule?

I ask these three main questions as many people seem to be banned for advertising in situations which I would not, personally, consider advertising - and I do not, personally, wish to fall foul of these rules.

Iain.
    Learning to dislike children at an early age saves a lot of expense and aggravation later in life.

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some clarification on the terms and conditions.

mentioning another server by name or server address in private or public chat is advertising.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby

as this is more than likely relating to the current ban appeals in the Ban Appeal section, i have reviewed these and now replied.

the advertising terms and rules of banning will be re-written this week to make them clearer, as there does seem to be some confusion currently.
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster21
    as this is more than likely relating to the current ban appeals in the Ban Appeal section, i have reviewed these and now replied.

the advertising terms and rules of banning will be re-written this week to make them clearer, as there does seem to be some confusion currently.
    pretty much yea - and some others in the past.

awesome on the re-written part.
    Learning to dislike children at an early age saves a lot of expense and aggravation later in life.