Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    i like ur idea of the arena being a non-pvp zone for the exact reason u said. maybe, there could be a rule or something that allows someone to "start" a group to fight withers or something like that.

For ex. /Create Group Wither (2)

This would create a group of players that could fight the wither either solo or with others. the 2 says how many are allowed in the group. however, not anyone can just join your group. U would have to invite them and let them accept.

For ex. /Add Number13teen Wither Group

this would add Number13teen to the group that i created. Also, since the withers explosions do actually delete items (i think) there should be an ender chest with a warning sign sayng "Store your valuable for whatever is blown up by the wither will not be refunded". but the main thing is no pvp in this arena just like in the end so that u don't have to kill the wither and someone just comes in and kills you.

Basically, no pvp in this arena would be a nice add-on.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by zapados3 View Post
    i like ur idea of the arena being a non-pvp zone for the exact reason u said. maybe, there could be a rule or something that allows someone to "start" a group to fight withers or something like that.

For ex. /Create Group Wither (2)

This would create a group of players that could fight the wither either solo or with others. the 2 says how many are allowed in the group. however, not anyone can just join your group. U would have to invite them and let them accept.

For ex. /Add Number13teen Wither Group

this would add Number13teen to the group that i created. Also, since the withers explosions do actually delete items (i think) there should be an ender chest with a warning sign sayng "Store your valuable for whatever is blown up by the wither will not be refunded". but the main thing is no pvp in this arena just like in the end so that u don't have to kill the wither and someone just comes in and kills you.

Basically, no pvp in this arena would be a nice add-on.
    I'm stupid since I don't get it but isn't the wither basically the same as the ender dragon just a boss monster? now I know things always turn out fair in those cases but the truth is we're still a survival sever. Concerning the group thing are you sure you want to make groups? because if the groups stay afterwards you might have some unwanted visitores when you try to fight the wither alone later on. or if the disappear afterwards you'll have to add everyone of your group everytime you want to fight the wither that sounds like way too much work to me. And even if you play in a group can't one of them still "steal" most of the loot? I mean I could join a group hide in a corner and wait until half the groupis killed and then walk under the wither at the moment it dies to get the nether star. That doesn't sound real fair now does it? and since it's a no pvp zone the other guys can't even kill me :S

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    What I think he means is you go to the arena, by yourself, and you can then fight it alone. If you want someone to join you there and then, you "add" them to the group to fight. But they don't just stay in the group forever - you'd have to "re-invite" them to the group ever time you go to the arena. Also, it's like PVP - your trusting that player to help you, but uf they stay in the corner the whole time then it's ya own fault for inviting them, ne?
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    i like cats say moos idea how who kills the mob gets the drops cause its not fair when some one walks up and takes your ender dragon egg and all the ep (happend to me alot of times MAKES ME CRAZYER THEN I ALREDY AM)

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a shame you can't make the wither arena an instance like some MMOs do to keep uninvited people from joining.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    perhaps a limit to number of people in a group. I don't like the idea of the killer takes all, because it is unfair if the killer was hiding most of the time, maybe there should be perhaps: same reward for each person (nether star for each), if a player inside doesn't hit the wither he won't get that reward, perhaps doing a special command that splits rewards and exp could be usefull, maybe not rewards but exp at least, something like /party [create/invite/leader] the creator is the leader, invite is to invite a player, only up to 3 players, and only leader can invite, and the leader command is used to change the leadership, in the create command you can give a name for the party, like: "/party create Lionheart' "/party invite Xemple" and then "You have been invited to [Lionheart] party by XempleLeader, write /ptaccept to accept or /ptdeny"
    The group idea can be also used for joint mob hunt, to share exp or loot, also for mining, and such, maybe also adding something like /party [share/kick], kick will of course, kick, share will share the item with the group.

this could be an awesome idea, however, there must be a limit to players inside the arena, and mutual trust is needed, like against the enderdragon.

I'd recommand enlarging the amount of exp from the wither, because it gives only 8 lvls, it's not much in comparison to the effort wasted, both enderdragon and wither can be killed solo.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    the probem with that crazy is that it isn't always fair for the person who kills the mob to recieve the rewards. the wither could be brought down to 1 HP and then someone lands the killing blow so only the last hit gets the rewards and not the others who did most of the work?

and ya like sparkle said every time your going to do another wither fight, they would have to be re-invited. also, they could be invited to 2 things. they could be invited to spectate, or to fight. right there is another idea..

another idea: you could sort of "Hire" people That You Trust to kill the wither, then pay them to get the star.

For ex. You could Hire 2 people to kill the wither and both would have to get like idk a big reward such as $2,000 or 3 diamond blox or sometin like that.

However, if you hire them and you do not pay them, they have the right to take the star. Also, if u hire someone you don't trust and they decide to keep the star for themselves, they can. Here's how i think it should be to avoid that:

Make them sign a contract (Book and Quill) The contract will state that:

"Those hired to kill the wither boss MUST be rewarded for their efforts in fighting the wither.If they are not rewarded, they then have the right to keep the star. The rewards must be given within 4 days after the wither's death or else the star goes to the hired killer. if the hired killer is rewarded and keeps the star, mods will take it from him/her and give a warning/punishment for not obeying the contract." i think this would be fair.

however, the ones being hired must also agree on their payment before the contratc is signed. these are ideas.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad we'll have an opportunity to fight the wither on the server. YAY! Anyways, will the wither battle be more of a minigame like cakedefense, or similar to a boss battle like in the end? I like Sparkle's idea, but I think that people should be able to use their own gear etc to fight the wither so it is a battle that requires preparation as well as skill. There's a lot of loopholes in that (ex looting dead people's gear) but I would prefer if builders couldn't just join the server for the first time, join a minigame, and walk away a bit later with a nether star. As well, the whole thing about getting the last hit could be slightly problematic as well, seeing as the victory may not all be due to one person.
    I propose that maybe there should be a wither challenge, kind of like Jack's pyramid thing only slightly less difficult, where mods could let groups or individuals fight the wither. Of course, this would have to be limited so nether stars don't get too commonplace etc, but its just an idea. Anyways, I'm glad we can fight the wither either way. Thanks for the work and good luck with the arena
    Wack

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    After reading all the suggestions made by other players I've decided to make a rather simple system. The player that creates the wither will get the reward when the wither is killed (if the player is dead or offline when the wither is killed the star will be dropped normally). This will prevent others from stealing the nether star (either by last hitting or by simply running in after the wither is killed).
    This should prevent all the problems, if there's still problems with the wither with this system then I'll look at making a more advanced one (create a party etc.).
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    naith that's an amazing idea about whoever creates the wither gets the star. but what happens if some 1 is creating the wither, they randomly die to something, someone swoops in, gets the materials to build the wither, and then get the star that was supposed to be someone else's?

ex.I'm making a wither, randomly die. some 1 finds my deathspot and steals the blox used for building wither. they make wither and kill it. they took the star that was supposed to be mine.