Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    good idea cats i think vips could ask for wgs under Y=30, but i think you can do /give (playa name) 52 thats a mobspawner i think and then go /spawnermob (mobname)
    and it will spawn that mob of choise.
    Last edited by crazyredhead27; 19-03-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: mistake

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby
    The main issues with spawners are as follows;

if people make grinders from them, and does not add an 'on/off' feature (lighting control) it can create lag.
    Also depending on the size of the things etc. etc. it can just create lag in general, so that's why we are reluctant to have grinders everywhere.

HOWEVER I think the best solution here is to have it that VIP's can get worldguards over spawners, IF they agree to certain 'rules'

If we said....

> Spawners must have an 'on/off' feature implemented
    > Only VIP's can receive worldguards on spawners below Y=30
    > Spawners must not produce more than XX amount of mobs per minute
    (We will work out a suitable amount)
    > Spawner world guards would cost: $15,000 per spawner
    (Amount to be paid to the staff member making the worldguard who would then int-urn send the cash to account: SlapGaming - this can all be audited to make sure money is transferred and not pocketed etc.)

If you all think those points are fair I can discuss it further with relevant staff and see about making this a set in stone rule?

Note: this is just a suggestion from me, this is not me promising this will happen at this stage.

Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Someb0dy
    Minecraft Name
    Someb0dy
    Starcraft Name
    SomebOdy
    As far as I know if you were to leave the general area of the spawner(s) don't the mobs get despawned a bit after you have gone?? isn't that some kind of an "on/off" feature? Does it need one other too? Also if this is to be implemented each spawner worldguard after the change has been made would require that payment? or it would require payment for all previous spawner-worldguards as well?

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty sure that spawned below level 30 aren't guarded as that is against the rules so there shouldn't be anything to charge is for anyway.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, just sticking a sign on a spawner and /cprivate will work.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    Quote Originally Posted by Someb0dy View Post
    As far as I know if you were to leave the general area of the spawner(s) don't the mobs get despawned a bit after you have gone?? isn't that some kind of an "on/off" feature? Does it need one other too? Also if this is to be implemented each spawner worldguard after the change has been made would require that payment? or it would require payment for all previous spawner-worldguards as well?
    No, as if you're AFK at the spawner, which is the case most of the time, the mobs will never despawn and keep adding - this is why we ask that players make on/off switches with turns the spawner off while you are not using it. Even if you leave the area, someone else could either still be close by or it could just take a long time for ALL the mobs to despawn. In which case, this will still cause lag to thr server till their all gone. I mean, think about it - I came across someone who let nearly 600 mobs spawn on one block - it's gonna take a while to allow them all to depsawn, no?

Quote Originally Posted by veryunderstated View Post
    I am pretty sure that spawned below level 30 aren't guarded as that is against the rules so there shouldn't be anything to charge is for anyway.
    Yes, it's against the rules to WG anything below Y 30, so this is why Cats is asking this in the first place. :/

Quote Originally Posted by bladrag View Post
    Well, just sticking a sign on a spawner and /cprivate will work.
    Sadly this no longer works. Yes, you can't break the sign itself, but if the block itself isn't WGed then the block can still get broken, and the sign just comes off and sits there ready to be picked up again. I know this because another player did that on her walls to protect her spawner, but players were able to still do it. Unless this of cause was just a bug and has fixed itself.

You also can't do /cprivate on a spawner block :/

@Jack: This idea I like. I think we need to be a bit more stricker with spawners anyway, seeing as a lot of players still abuse the spawner AFKing/mob building up rule and allow it to happen, only to moan when we tell them off about it.
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think 15,000 is abit much jack as i only have 10k and i dont want to save up a nother 5 then loose it all but i agree with what you have come up with so far just not the pricing

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    i think 15.000 is a fair price.
    They worldguard youre spawner which is in a location normally not wged.
    And to prevent abuse it needs steep price

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was about to say that $15,000 is a little cheap if you're wanting to make this a more exclusive thing.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    well then i will not be getting my spawner wged then cause i cant offord 15k anyays vips are supposed to be able to do spechal things, think about it we've can get nether WG's ask for WE's, use a compass 8 sethomes

i agree that it would be too OP is if it was free but not