Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Fanbased Slap-Gaming Minecraft Card Game Idea

Hello there, I have this idea to make a fanbased card game for the server, the card game won't be inside the game, but I might draw/make game cards and rules for you to play with your friends or something, if I feel like doing so, or maybe someone else does.

The idea is a fanbased card game, similar to others like Yu-Gi-Oh or pokemon trading cards, but with minecraft things and Slap-Gaming's staff as units at the card game.

I still need to think up on rules, but I assume the main objective can either be:

1. Banning your opponents - A game where you have to frame your opponents and protect yourself from beeing banned

2. Slaying the enderdragon - using the cards and tactics collect and steal your opponent's Ender pearls, transform them into ender eyes, and in a certain number of a turn the Stronghold appears, and if you have 8 eyes of ender you may challenge the ender dragon, you will require eanough units and defence to defeat the dragon, once a portal was opened, everyone can access it, having eyes of Ender can be also used in summoning high ranked units, to make eyes of ender you need ender pearls, and blaze powder card or a blaze rod card(which can transform 3 eyes!) or either mining 2 at a turn if you make a nether portal and send a unit to get some.

This idea still needs time, here's some more stuff I thought of doing in that card game:

Card Rank: each card has a rank, which relates the card to a group, and together with other cards at the same rank, it can have bonuses, the ranks goes from Mod to Owner, with special Guide and VIP cards that do not act as normal card units, but they have special affect or ability.

Block cards: Block cards can be used as a defence line to defend your unit, or be used as sacrefice for other cards, Obsidian Block would be a block with alot of defence, for instance, and bedrock beeing the strongest, using special card such as "Creative Mode Card" you could break up to 3 blocks of your opponent, or place up to 3 in one turn.

Grieffing: lowering your opponents hp or blocks is called grieffing, while it leads you closer to victory, it also takes the role of your weakness, grieffing points can be stacked, and each turn you loose 1 grieff point(that is, unless you have a special card effect), each unit from Mod to Owner has a grieff sense number, which means that if you reach that number, your opponent can Ban you, and special card can contain also a grieff sence number, that can temp-ban you or kick you, temp ban will result in loosing all your grieff points(unless it's a special card) and having to stay dourment for one turn, and kick would prevent you from taking a card at the next round, also halving your grieff points.

Health Points: you start with a certain amount of health points(in the 1st game option) and a limited number of bonus defence points, which will help you at the early game phase, if your health point is reduced to zero, you'll be banned, that means you've lost, health point are limited, but they can be recovered by special effects.

Ban Appeal: When playing with more than one friend, you can ressurect a fallen opponent by ban appeal card, when an opponent is defeated, you may use the ban appeal card, to save him, but in result you'll take all the cards in his hand, and he'll get 3 cards from the card deck, 4th of the orginal amount of health points, and full bonus defence points, Ban appeals will also halve your grieff points and allow you to use an extra card at the next turn, in the 2nd game option, ban appeal will also let you take one of his eyes of ender, or 2 enderpearls. Ban appeals are only avaible for 2 turns after the opponent defeat.

GoldenHoe Card, must be kept on field when recieved: Bang! deals 500 damage for one of your opponent, wether he has units to defend it or not, can aso be used on any card/unit of your choise, instant kills the ender dragon, this card has defence point, and your opponent might be able to destroy it!

Trap Cards: featuring pvp area card, nuke, "Giv mi OP"(best trap card, can ban your opponent), potion of weakness and more! trap cards can be triggered when your blocks are destroyed, but it is unknown that the card is indeed a trap, cause it's used the same way a special card is used, and weapon card, traps can be triggered only when your unit is in defence mode, or when a block is beeing destroyed by a unit with no weapon or tool.

3rd game option: Revenge of the Wither: stack up your army and defences, and make sure your opponents are weaker, cause there's only one nether star! in this game option, the objective is to summon the wither, and defeat it and grab the loot, you can do so by first getting wither skulls, and soul sand, each time you find any of those, you must place them on the field, while attacking your opponents and beating them yourself is also a way to win, you should focus on your defences cause the wither is your strongest opponents, it will destroy each turn 2 of your cards, it's your choice which card to sacrefice, or suffer either a full blow from the wither if you refuse to sacrefice, or half damage if you sacrefice one card, when the wither is summoned, each player will have to sacrefice one card from the field.

ideas for 3rd option:

Gold apple cards: using 3 gold apple cards which you keep on the field and a unit, you can easially defeat the wither if your unit has a wepon, either it comes with a wepon, or you'll need a wepon card!

if you got any cool ideas for this, or think you can make a cool design for the card layout, just post a comment, if you have anything to say about this, do it also!~

P.S- tell me which game option you think is best, or suggest one! cause only one can be picked!

[VIP]Nirosu.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    what about the following make it like magic.
    you gather resources to spawn stuff (wither,creeper etc.)
    then you can use a special card (potion,golden hoe etc.)
    And you can use resources to create a base.
    Like the card ideas

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    nce idea I believe there were some programs available for free a few years back to make magic the gathering like cards wouldn't be too suprised to see other/similar programs out there. You could use those to get started they might need a few tweaks here and there though ^^.
    ConsEDIT: considering the resource idea I would go with wood, stone, iron, gold, diamond and emerald since all tols are made of those and you could us emerald as a wild card for example.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    This reminds me more of Yu-Gi-Oh! - which i know more about than Magic because I used to play duel monsters all the time xD

If that was the case, then there is a yugioh card generator for making fan-made cards
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.Krafty
    Minecraft Name
    TheKrafter1923
    Sparkle, Imma move my ass all the way to beat you at Yu-Gi-Oh and I will win :3

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    Good luck at beating my burn deck, which was extremely hard to beat in local and official tournaments ;D This deck was a top 3 winner.
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Arykai
    Minecraft Name
    Arykai The Tree

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by Arykai View Post
    don't worry besides yu-gi-oh and digimon cards I also remember pokemon and magic the gathering cards