Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Nirosu's Slap-Snap Vol. 3: Designer being, MADesigner

Menu : http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...-Nirosu-s-Menu

Heya, this week we're having an interview with one of the server's important builders.... again... don't worry you all aspiring builders, soon I'll get to you small potential holding newbies.

MADesigner is a graphic designer, so logic says he might be a good builder, well, and logic can be logical some times.
    He's a designer being, he lives to design and create.

Slap-Snap I.jpg

This is the first thing I've seen out of MAD's builds, one of his houses in the plots, it's quite a lovely unphotoable place, it was realy hard to do so, there's a pig in the garage, the place is nice and it shows some sort of balance in an insimmetrical way, which few are the builders who do so in such an outstanding way.

Slap-Snap II.jpg

Pixel art, derp, not going to say much, just that making pixel art with 3 colors like this seems hard.

Slap-Snap III.jpg

Ahhh.... I've seen enough... jokes about these things, anyways, this one is very impressive, right use of grieffy building, and nice pixely art, and there are also effects! inside le squid, there are redstone devices, like poping his eyes out, and making him drop water out of his mouth, it's quite cool.

Slap-Snap IV.jpg

Ahhh, photoig this almost crashed my computer, there seems to pig a huge pig at the bottom, well, go find this at downdown! this is an impressive example of the grieff build style, it's a style filled with chaos, it's quite hard to make.

Slap-Snap V.jpg

You should know this place, well, yea, MAD built it just shows you how of an important builder on the server he's!

now for the interview part:

1. Do you have any source of inspiration in your builds like a motive?

A: One thing that I like to think about is the weight of a thing. Many (not all) of my builds have structural supports in them. While I realize Minecraft and real world physics have been seeing other people, I still enjoy imagining that they still talk occasionally whilst shopping for groceries. I think this can give my builds a dash more of credibility. Other than that I tend to derive inspiration from modernist architects such as Pierre Koenig and Le Corbusier.

2. How long did it take you to build your tower and the Wither arena?

A: Well the tower took considerably longer to build. I'm not really sure, but I'd take a guess at it being about a month of working on and off. The devil was really in the details on that one, and several times I grew tired of coming up with new things to put in it. Again you can see evidence of my previous statement in the large load bearing columns at the base of the structure. The whole thing was put on and sponsored by our dear ol' dad Jackster as a challenge. I took the broken building concept in a more "minecraft angry bird" dirrection by adding a pig theme. The Wither arena was built a while back as a general multiplayer arena and was only recently imported into the slap pvp world. The original version was slightly more complicated and was quickly edited down in a matter of hours. Jack added the lava (it's very nice lava). I honestly don't remember how long the original took to build.

3. Are there any tips you can give to our fellow builders?

A: Stay away from cobblestone until you understand that it's a spice and not a main ingredient. Other than that, just look at what's out there already before you storm off to do your own thing. There's no shame in gleaming what you can off of other people's work, so long as you take it as a lesson to build bigger and better things. Looking to real world architecture never hurt anybody either. I also enjoy seeing what people can build in unorthodox spaces. If you can take a space that's small, broken up into strange quadrants, or uneven ground, and make that into an interesting and FUNCTIONAL build, then you're alright by me.

4. Do you have a moto or a catch phrase?

A: "All things are made to move."

5. Are there any new projects/builds you are currently planing or working on?

A: I've been focusing on graduating and sorting out my career recently, so I haven't had time to really stop and think about what I want to make next. I have always wanted to take some time to recreate my childhood home as I remember it from when I was really little, so that may be on my to do list. Other than that I'm always down to build a spaceship.

Time for the Evalution card:

IGN: MADesigner
    Builder Rank: Radislap
    Speciality: Designing, huge builds.

Join us next time, when we're going to see some amazing things from on of my favourite builders of the server!

Nirosu.
    Last edited by nirosu; 15-05-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    I Like this one didnt know MADesigner made the couple pizelart nice.
    Who is youre next target mr Nirosu-san ?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby
    Wait, what happend to volume 2?
    Or am I blind on the forums?

Edit: found it
    Last edited by Jackster21; 15-05-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackster21 View Post
    Wait, what happend to volume 2?
    Or am I blind on the forums?
    check the menu, derp, it's the top link, and actually it's in the first page of the forums atm look again