Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    LittleLeprechaun
    Minecraft Name
    LittleLeprechaun

PvP - Bannable Offence Suggestion

Because of a minor argument we had on the server today, I have decided to post a suggestion which is more for Naith/Jack to think about.

Basically my suggestion is to make logging off in the PvP arena (and being logged off for more than 15 minutes) a bannable offence, because this way it prevents players from logging off in the PvP arena adn then logging in lets say and hour later, whilst people are fighting and then suddently killing them/being killed.
    Last edited by naithantu; 31-07-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by horsegal00 View Post
    Because of a minor argument we had on the server today, I have decided to post a suggestion which is more for Naith/Jack to think about.

Basically my suggestion is to make logging off in the PvP arena (and being logged off for more than 15 minutes) a bannable offence, because this way it prevents players from logging off in the PvP arena adn then logging in lets say and hour later, whilst people are fighting and then suddently killing them/being killed.
    Just to clarify.
    I presume with this you mean the actual pvp-enabled area right? not the entire pvp arena/pvp world?
    I was around during this argument and basically someone who was left alone in the arena logged off while inside the gate /pvp-enabled area an logged back on later on and killed a random unfortunate pvp'er if I remember correctly.

3. Likes horsegal00, Madkiller212 liked this post
    Minecraft Admin
    Plugin Dev
    Memer
    Memes
    Howmany things can I add here?
    Top kek
    Quite a few actually.
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Stoux
    Minecraft Name
    Stoux
    I do not think this should be a bannable offensive. It's about the same as managing to get to a different gate and then attacking someone from behind (surprise attack). The person did not log out while fighting, nor where there any players in the arena to fight with.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    If anything id suggest not having it a bannable offense but if the player is timed out in pvp due to internet loss or something of the sorts they would be tp'ed back to spawn or if they left the server by disconnecting themselves and are in the pvp arena have it auto jail them for a certain amount of time?
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    If anything id suggest not having it a bannable offense but if the player is timed out in pvp due to internet loss or something of the sorts they would be tp'ed back to spawn or if they left the server by disconnecting themselves and are in the pvp arena have it auto jail them for a certain amount of time?
    Is there even a way to tell if they lagged out? Because that is a VERY important part

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkiller212 View Post
    Is there even a way to tell if they lagged out? Because that is a VERY important part
    When a player leaves the server i believe it tells console that that player disconnected from the server however if a player lags out on the server i believe it sends a different message to console saying Timed Out or something of the sorts
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

8. Likes Madkiller212, horsegal00 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    When a player leaves the server i believe it tells console that that player disconnected from the server however if a player lags out on the server i believe it sends a different message to console saying Timed Out or something of the sorts
    Ah, alright then

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and no. If you quit by pressing the disconnect button then the reason is "quitting", but all other ways of disconnecting all count as timed out (closing minecraft by simply closing the window).
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by naithantu View Post
    but all other ways of disconnecting all count as timed out (closing minecraft by simply closing the window).

So, they could just press ESC and close minecraft? Thats not very fair

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkiller212 View Post
    So, they could just press ESC and close minecraft? Thats not very fair
    Uh... I was saying that checking for the disconnect reason doesn't work (it's been suggested as anti pvp log measures before, but it's pretty pointless for that since it's so easy to bypass it).

I'll make something so if you log in inside the pvp arena that you will be teleported to spawn.
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

13. Likes Madkiller212, horsegal00 liked this post