Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Website improvement suggestion

Heya, I have a few suggestions/things to say as a suggestion to improve the site, as awesome as it already is :3

I noticed the website has this small thing at the bottom of a page called standard style or something, would be nice if members could have a variety of styles to choose, like, coloring of the pages, It's a feature available at a few community sites.

Also, maybe adding a select box at the search feature that allows to specify the search target, by category/forum, by tag(the site has this tag system, might be useful to raise awareness of it), and also search users-since people sometimes have forum names other than the in game names.

And on a side note, I'm not sure if it was fixed yet or not, but having sent pms stored in the "sent items", and maybe a prompt message appearing when you send a pm successfully, as I tend to get multiple pms because people are unsure if it was sent or not.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    Heya, I have a few suggestions/things to say as a suggestion to improve the site, as awesome as it already is :3

I noticed the website has this small thing at the bottom of a page called standard style or something, would be nice if members could have a variety of styles to choose, like, coloring of the pages, It's a feature available at a few community sites.

Also, maybe adding a select box at the search feature that allows to specify the search target, by category/forum, by tag(the site has this tag system, might be useful to raise awareness of it), and also search users-since people sometimes have forum names other than the in game names.

And on a side note, I'm not sure if it was fixed yet or not, but having sent pms stored in the "sent items", and maybe a prompt message appearing when you send a pm successfully, as I tend to get multiple pms because people are unsure if it was sent or not.
    I have noticed that drop down box and I do think there should be more layouts/ styles available and I fully agree with your first point. I will also have a look around and see if I can gather some links for new themes

There is a 'Tag cloud' here which you can search with if that's what your thinking of and I do think more tags should be added to posts... Also you are able to chose a particular section of the website when you enter something But, you only get this choice if you have put in a term that is: "words are either very common, too long, or too short". So this is inconvinent as you only get these choices when you make a error, you can see what I mean here.

Finaly, when sending a message on the website to another player you can chose for a
    read receipt for this message, which will allow you to see when the message is read by its recipients.
    Seen here:
    Capture2.jpg

So, I am showing that some of the features you suggested are already on the website. But need to be changed so it is fully available to use and some nice new themes would be nice.

(Above, all the 'here' words are links to the relevant pages BTW)

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    After having a look around i found these two layouts one looks ok the other one to Gothic here's the links:

Nice one:
    Dragonbyte Mielo

Gothic one:
    DragonByte MMO

Also I found some nice add-ons that would be nice for the website and I'm going to post them in another thread as they are not relevant to this....

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This feature is still a bit hard to notice tough, should be seen better, or checked by default, it's the natural thing to do, for my opinion.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Different themes are not going to happen.

We've got a mobile theme installed for mobile users, and our own for desktop users.
    This is the theme we started with, and this is the one we want to use to represent ourselfs with.

@ the dragontech themes: those themes cost a lot of money, and that isn't even a finished product.
    Installing a theme isn't just easy drag and drop, there's shit load of work in optimizing the css and php alone.

Rejected

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Once there was a story of a man who's birthday lasted forever, His name was Array. But one sad day Mr Telluur being awesome fixed the bug and it was never Array's birthday EVER AGAIN. The end. Can we plox make this story come true mr telluur <3 xoxox
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    Once there was a story of a man who's birthday lasted forever, His name was Array. But one sad day Mr Telluur being awesome fixed the bug and it was never Array's birthday EVER AGAIN. The end. Can we plox make this story come true mr telluur <3 xoxox
    YOU SHALL WORSHIP ARRAY. TODAY, TOMORROW AND THE DAYS AFTER THAT.

Fixed
    Last edited by Telluur; 13-09-2013 at 10:04 AM.