Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [book] signs

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    Or for another example, making a free for all magazine, and instead of making loads of copies, just one sign for people to check out when they do.
    I was actually thinking of sending each person in my kingdom the latest news and updates, but If I had one [Book] sign on a billboard that would probably be 100 times better I agree with this idea, hope it gets implemented
    MohDaol - Slap Gaming Minecraft VIP

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MohDaol View Post
    I was actually thinking of sending each person in my kingdom the latest news and updates, but If I had one [Book] sign on a billboard that would probably be 100 times better I agree with this idea, hope it gets implemented
    Would be good for posting contest rules, prices of stuff in player made shops, credits(a sign for each person could take a while), news.

this thing might revive the books into use once more, other than ripping the books apart by enchanting armours and tools >.>

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    Would be good for posting contest rules, prices of stuff in player made shops, credits(a sign for each person could take a while), news.

this thing might revive the books into use once more, other than ripping the books apart by enchanting armours and tools >.>
    although it's true that a "book" like sign would be handy they would need to know how to use it first (and people are capable of not knowing how it works/unable to figure it out themselves). 2ndly an essay is not a welcome way of reading the rules. 20 signs are way more likely to be read by me because the info is short and exact instead of an essay which makes me tired before I even start reading it.

btw sparkles I miss that plugin too (not 100 sure but I thought I saw a plugin that could be it so maybe it's just not turned on?) :S

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuga View Post
    although it's true that a "book" like sign would be handy they would need to know how to use it first (and people are capable of not knowing how it works/unable to figure it out themselves). 2ndly an essay is not a welcome way of reading the rules. 20 signs are way more likely to be read by me because the info is short and exact instead of an essay which makes me tired before I even start reading it.

btw sparkles I miss that plugin too (not 100 sure but I thought I saw a plugin that could be it so maybe it's just not turned on?) :S
    Place a book in it, or make the sign while holding book, w/e the plugin guys do, it's up to them to pick the method, we could have it that with right click you can read the book, and with shift click, the owner could place a book(or replace), and as default the first time to press it(shift or not) will let you put a book in.

It'll be easy to do a prompt message saying:"You've made a [Book] sign successfully, please right click the sign and put a finished readable book."
    Also, sign functions like lift signs and gate are actually more complex, I haven't used them for like a year because I didn't know how to use them, so relatively, this is quite simple in the described method above.(if it's possible)

And for the 2nd thing, rules are just an example, I agree some stuff are better with signs, but when it comes to messy things with loads of info, unlike "No grieffing" which is described in two words... then it might be needed, but then again, it has alot of possibilities, too much to fit in signs so just give me a book sign and i'll write them down
    Last edited by nirosu; 11-09-2013 at 08:54 PM.

5. Likes MohDaol liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    i could see this is a good feature if put to good use

7. Likes MohDaol liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    The book sign could always be used also for much creative stuff as well, for adventures, for directions, credits.... it could even be a spoiler! you'll have a riddle, and if you give up you could click on the book and see the answer.
    The feature itself is nothing more than a tool, but it allows much possibilities, from community libraries to historic descriptions of the server's monuments and players, from comment too big for a sign to a review, from a chore list for house members to a list of objectives of clans... there is a huge variety of ways to use such a feature, and unlike some of my past hopeless suggestions, this does not give any "o/p tool" or hurts players, it doesn't hurt or objects any already implemented feature, it is a new tool, a tool to spread words over the server without spam, a tool to leave our words to be left forever(metaphorically)... Not everyone must use it, but that doesn't mean everyone shouldn't, with the mail system being unable to handle big messages, and signs being no better than a few words, a book could be also a deeper way of communication, and having a book sign to inform all who are meant to read the message is probably the best way that we could find as of today.

They say a picture worth a thousand words... well, in this case, a book is worth a thousand signs.

Sorry for the late reply, just today I finished a big test so I now I had time to think of what is right to say, as I see this suggestion as a major improvement to our server.

Minecraft Admin
    Plugin Dev
    Memer
    Memes
    Howmany things can I add here?
    Top kek
    Quite a few actually.
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Stoux
    Minecraft Name