Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Rulebreaking thread

With the rulebreaking/screenshot thread, i think that when the related screenshot that has been posted has been looked into and action has either been taken or chosen not to be taken, the staff member who looked into it should hide the post.

This will prevent people being able to look at who reported them for what etc, which can prevent the player being hassled over the reporting.
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    or or or. making a "report a rulebreak system" that will just send the report to a staff only thread.... which could do the same function more or less, but keep the report closed to public aswell.... the picture are usualy used in ban appeal as a reason for bans, from what I saw, so closing the screenshot/removing it is not a wise thing to do :S

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Psst this isnt minecraft related? Its more of a Website Suggestion sooo I pick things up and i move them to the right area
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    Psst this isnt minecraft related? Its more of a Website Suggestion sooo I pick things up and i move them to the right area

I asked sparkle where to put this, and she told me in the minecraft suggestions >.<

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    or or or. making a "report a rulebreak system" that will just send the report to a staff only thread.... which could do the same function more or less, but keep the report closed to public aswell.... the picture are usualy used in ban appeal as a reason for bans, from what I saw, so closing the screenshot/removing it is not a wise thing to do :S

I didnt mention closing it, i said hiding it

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This isn't minecraft suggestions, it's the Slap clan suggestion area

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Daire_Tomas View Post
    This isn't minecraft suggestions, it's the Slap clan suggestion area
    WebSite suggestion area. Due to this is something that involves the thread being changed on the website not anything to do with In-Game
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    WebSite suggestion area. Due to this is something that involves the thread being changed on the website not anything to do with In-Game
    No I mean this forum is ment for clans suggestions, nothing else

StarCraft
    Community Leader
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    BlueHat
    Minecraft Name
    BlueHatBrit
    Starcraft Name
    BlueHat
    I can't believe you're arguing about what section it should go in. It's a suggestion that's good for all our servers.

Good idea, forum system is a much easier way of doing it because otherwise you tend to get spam. However the vast amount of reports the teams would get with little to no-evidence would be just silly.

I think I'll bring it to Jack's attention for our other game servers as well. It's not difficult just takes some intelligent mods a lot of time depending on the volume of reports.

Question, are you suggesting this because you've met a number of rule breakers and there's not been staff to deal with it? And how frequent is this, let's try and tackle all the problems before we start adding new features ey?
    BlueHat - StarCraft Community Leader
    BlueHat - Team Fortress 2 Community Leader + Lead Administrator

TF2 Server Connection Guide - http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...nnection-Guide

----------------------------------------

Jackster21 wants me. ^

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHat View Post
    I can't believe you're arguing about what section it should go in. It's a suggestion that's good for all our servers.

Good idea, forum system is a much easier way of doing it because otherwise you tend to get spam. However the vast amount of reports the teams would get with little to no-evidence would be just silly.

I think I'll bring it to Jack's attention for our other game servers as well. It's not difficult just takes some intelligent mods a lot of time depending on the volume of reports.

Question, are you suggesting this because you've met a number of rule breakers and there's not been staff to deal with it? And how frequent is this, let's try and tackle all the problems before we start adding new features ey?
    We have a screenshot eveidence thread for the minecraft server so if no staff are online you can screenshot someone breaking the rules then post it in the thread for staff to deal with when they get online, but currently if the person was banned they can then go to that section and check who reported them, which then results in the person who reported them getting greif off the player.

It's also bad because if players noticed that someone inperticular was reporting a lot of players they would then play more carefully around that person, not showing their true colours and behave worse when they were offline, knowing they could then get away with it. If posts were hidden they wouldn't know who the snitches were, and who to be careful of when there trying to break the rules

Think i replied to you properly there, not 100% sure but hope i answered your question