Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Add an Adventure Map Maybe?

Exactly what the title says. Maybe the server could add custom made adventure maps made by the players of slap. It would be fun, challenging, and it could even be a contest sometimes. And it doesn't have to be an adventure map. It could be a mini game, puzzle map, and maybe scary maps. (as long as it's appropriate [I'm bad at spelling ik])

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    Sounds good it will also bring the players of slap together.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    If theres going to be a adventure map let me know i would love to try and get a story running.
    We could use multiple paths

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    I don't necessarily like the idea of custom adventure maps, Due to the fact of:
    1: Waste of Space
    2: Almost no one will visit it
    3:A person usually will go thru a adventure map once not multiple times

Seeing those reasons, Maybe making a Group community adventuremap where players can build certain parts of the map, So we have a community map not just A bunch of player maps.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    I don't necessarily like the idea of custom adventure maps, Due to the fact of:
    1: Waste of Space
    2: Almost no one will visit it
    3:A person usually will go thru a adventure map once not multiple times

Seeing those reasons, Maybe making a Group community adventuremap where players can build certain parts of the map, So we have a community map not just A bunch of player maps.
    We could have an adventure map world where maybe a new adventure map is chosen every month/week or something like that, with a monthly/weekly poll on the next one, based on suggestions from the week before or something :3

would be a cool feature and im sure it would be used, but whether it would be implemented is another thing entirely :3
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    Hmmz better would be to just have one world with multiple community build (read unique) adventure maps.
    Add a Hub to that world and there we are the adventure world.
    Would love to design and create adventure maps. If a adventure world is the thing to be then we might get a adventure map building team ?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lordgandalf View Post
    Hmmz better would be to just have one world with multiple community build (read unique) adventure maps.
    Add a Hub to that world and there we are the adventure world.
    Would love to design and create adventure maps. If a adventure world is the thing to be then we might get a adventure map building team ?
    I've built a couple in the past myself and love the idea of an adventure world
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do support the idea, but I'm pretty sure it won't pass, not only because of the usual "this is a survival server"-crap, but also because it's a bit troublesome and not that used...
    Sure it would be nice, and the server does have an adventure, in old survival world jungle spawn(one of them, there are two), built by Arykai.

Sure it would be nice, but I don't think staff has the time and effort to do so because they rather do their job than that, although I totally am for this suggestion.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    I love the suggestion as it will give many players something and also will be a community effort, I could take this task on with others if you like as others have clans or slapland and stuff like that but I have no proper project.

I think there should be one main story with multiple paths and always changing in look, change of characters and paths that you can chose. Only one world would be needed overall...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about the game, Shadow The Hedgehog, and it inspired me to get this idea:

The map has to be able to reset though...

Anyways, the player chooses what path they would like to take, their own path, the hero path, or the dark path. Each path leads to more paths and to different endings.

This is basically what happened in Shadow The Hedgehog. You could either follow black doom (Dark Path), follow your own path (Basically neutral), or you could follow sonic and friends (Hero Path)

I think this would be the best idea for a map.