Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Friend inviting promotion

Heya.

Lately the server been a bit less active(I know, school work, and such), and I think we should promote that friend brings friend system that we used to(or still have) have, and thus inspiring new members to bring their friends along, and also maybe making some sort of special rewards/benefits for members who bring lots of new faces to the server, like a month of VIP to a member who have brought 10 new people to the server who became members themselves, and at least one had donated to the server, or something like that.(with more decent rewards)
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    Yep I agree with this as we should get more than rewards of money...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    If anything i dont believe vip is a way to reward players. I know people with 30 alt accounts for minecraft. Your saying he is aloud to get free vip for 3 months? Ask your friends on skype to create a account of the forums and apply with a random minecraft name so you can get free vip. Go to school and as some of your friends to join this server and type their name on it so they get free vip. 3 words EXPLOIT EXPLOIT EXPLOIT. Invite a friend get a cookie in-game would be a more reasonable way of approaching this
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

4. Likes blackhawkbomber2, honkin_pigs liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah this sems highly exploitable to be honest :S
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimred9 View Post
    Yep I agree with this as we should get more than rewards of money...
    I don't, I sincerely don't think it should be "more than rewards of money...", but I think we need to re-promote this, as it become less known to people.

and as for cats (I still not sure how to multiqoute), Wasn't the system exploitable already? maybe month of VIP isn't the right idea, but if you read carefully, the invited people must become members to recieve the rewards, an the VIP one is available only if one or more of them (AT LEAST 10, not per 10) donates. In other words, even if you have alt accounts and you exploit the money, you won't get 1 month VIP unless you donated.

But yea, we do need to promote the system as it is, but maybe giving a Jackster21 Head might be a cool award for bringing in over 50(or 100) members(not builders, they must sign up).

Well, the application will work even without a minecraft account, true, but I think it should be checked if a member has ever logged in minecraft or not.(member as in, applied for member)
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    LittleLeprechaun
    Minecraft Name
    LittleLeprechaun
    Eh why not just have it so you get a little something in game each time your got a player to join? Maybe like a cake or something, and then for every 15-20 players after that a diamond?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by horsegal00 View Post
    Eh why not just have it so you get a little something in game each time your got a player to join? Maybe like a cake or something, and then for every 15-20 players after that a diamond?
    maybe, anyways, canceling the in-game cash bonus that already exist(or existed) for the invite won't be a good choice, an addition of a cake is merely a small feature, but the thing that is needed is a better promotion of the friend brings friend system, like cats said an in game "cookie", also to prevent exploits, the reward is only received when the invited member is in game (turning into a member, or logging as a member for first time), it would also be wise to exclude banned invited members from the counter if we were to do a promotion of something like "bring 5 and get extra 500$ in addition to the individual bonus", more banned members tends to be something that we don't want at the server, so if you got someone who was mean, cheater, haxor or w/e, don't expect it to have long term benefits.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    As far as I'm aware, we have a "gain 500 in-game monies" every time you get a friend onto the server (when they apply for membership, they must state who brought them to the server) and we then pay the player who brought the friend over. So why would we need to give more rewards?

Also, from what I've heard, there maybe a "voting for the server" reward thing as well, but I've only heard this in passing, so i have no idea if this is true or gonna happen, so please don't take my word for it :3
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Blakethesnake04
    Minecraft Name
    LaCrepe
    I like the idea of voting for the server! I would like that and maybe if you vote a certain amount of times you earn something. Maybe Lapis blocks or in-game money or you know something in that nature

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkleUnidog View Post
    As far as I'm aware, we have a "gain 500 in-game monies" every time you get a friend onto the server (when they apply for membership, they must state who brought them to the server) and we then pay the player who brought the friend over. So why would we need to give more rewards?

Also, from what I've heard, there maybe a "voting for the server" reward thing as well, but I've only heard this in passing, so i have no idea if this is true or gonna happen, so please don't take my word for it :3
    Ahh.... but do you see an good awareness or advertise of the "gain 500 in-game money", it is barely seen to public, haven't seen one in a few months, and it might be needed to here and there promote it.

And about voting rewards.... it's usually a thing I'd like to spit at, it's pure bribery for rating.... but either way, if we had anywhere to be voted in, I'd put my vote
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu