Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: /deaths

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

/deaths

I suggest that we add /deaths to see how many time you have died on the server, i think some ppl wanna know that.
    Hi Guys, Im a gamer

2. Likes jimred9 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    That sounds cool, me likey likey

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think there's much of a way to do this, and anyways you can look at your statistic via options, many people die too much times, and if you met Jack when he's in a playful mood, you'd might double your number of deaths... if this would be implemented, it should be bound to PVP deaths, and it'll reset each month or so.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

5. Likes jimred9 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    I don't think there's much of a way to do this, and anyways you can look at your statistic via options, many people die too much times, and if you met Jack when he's in a playful mood, you'd might double your number of deaths... if this would be implemented, it should be bound to PVP deaths, and it'll reset each month or so.
    Again. Let us decide what is possible or not. We log loads of different things, and this one is fairly easy as well.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Telluur View Post
    Again. Let us decide what is possible or not. We log loads of different things, and this one is fairly easy as well.
    Sorry Telluur... but I really don't see a point to this :S even i the log can show that, do we really need to let the console search for all deaths by a player? even if it's not so hard, I don't see a point if it just count deaths, as for the fact many people just randomly use /suicide and such, but if this would be taken into a direction of something like, pvp deaths, it could be worth some effort to look into, but simply show number of deaths... meh, sure it ca be fine to let mods + to have it if someone really wanne know.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    LittleLeprechaun
    Minecraft Name
    LittleLeprechaun
    Sorry Telluur... but I really don't see a point to this :S even i the log can show that, do we really need to let the console search for all deaths by a player? even if it's not so hard, I don't see a point if it just count deaths, as for the fact many people just randomly use /suicide and such, but if this would be taken into a direction of something like, pvp deaths, it could be worth some effort to look into, but simply show number of deaths... meh, sure it ca be fine to let mods + to have it if someone really wanne know.
    Why would we want it to show just pvp deaths? We want it to show ALL the deaths we've had on the server not just pvp ones.....

9. Likes ImAGamer89 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by horsegal00 View Post
    Why would we want it to show just pvp deaths? We want it to show ALL the deaths we've had on the server not just pvp ones.....
    Why would you want all deaths, what will it help you, especially because some of them are trolling deaths by staff or /suicide, it would be good to classify the deaths, then it would bear anything, but if you simply want a number for the lols, well, then it could probably be arranged, but meaningless :/
    Last edited by nirosu; 13-10-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

11. Likes MohDaol liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you want all deaths, what will it help you, especially during trolling deaths by staff or /suicides
    Meh.. Why do stats exist? They're not supposed to be useful, they're just a nice small addition.
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

13. Likes ImAGamer89 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by naithantu View Post
    Meh.. Why do stats exist? They're not supposed to be useful, they're just a nice small addition.
    read the edited comment I edited it after 5 min xD anyways, I suggest that if this were to be implemented, it'll have a "deaths caused by ", statistics relating the cause of death, if that's not possible, then Deaths per day should be nice too.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    I wouldn't want to see my death count... I have way to many to my liking, lol
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

16. Likes nirosu liked this post