Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessPillow View Post
    Honkin your statement that "All they have to do is press a button every 5 minutes", as simple as it sounds is wrong.
    When Mods or Admins are actively working on something in the forums, on alternate websites related to Slaps working or discussing among themselves to write/understand something new than hitting a button every 5 minutes is detrimental to the thought process and will most likely not be remembered. Should it be remembered the discussion would be halted slightly and the train of thought would go elsewhere.

AFK time does need an extension, 15 minutes is ok, 5 minutes is too short.

The way you described that they would not be actively monitoring the server, monitoring it would be watching it, in which they wouldnt forget to move

If they are working on something elsewhere, then they would not be playing on the server or actively monitoring it, they would essentially be afk just checking up on it occasionally
    Last edited by honkin_pigs; 16-10-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Id have to agree with Wireless 5 mins till it auto AFK's is a bit short, I wouldnt mind it going to maybe 10 minutes at the least. Also Some mods go afk while watching chat however some build things and watch chat eaither way i dont believe it is that big of a impact of our staff being marked as AFK every so often they are watching chat.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    roodypatooty
    Minecraft Name
    roodypatooty
    I like post. I agree with Cats and Wireless. There are my 2 cents

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    LittleLeprechaun
    Minecraft Name
    LittleLeprechaun
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessPillow View Post
    Honkin your statement that "All they have to do is press a button every 5 minutes", as simple as it sounds is wrong.
    When Mods or Admins are actively working on something in the forums, on alternate websites related to Slaps working or discussing among themselves to write/understand something new than hitting a button every 5 minutes is detrimental to the thought process and will most likely not be remembered. Should it be remembered the discussion would be halted slightly and the train of thought would go elsewhere.

AFK time does need an extension, 15 minutes is ok, 5 minutes is too short.
    15 minutes would be too long. Somewhere in between, so 10 minutes I think would be better

5. Likes honkin_pigs liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    Why not have it so players have a 5 time til AFK
    and staff could have a 10-15 time til AFK

This will help catch players afk'ing at spawners, while staff can be AFK and doing thier job....
    Is this a good idea?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimred9 View Post

This will help catch players afk'ing at spawners, while staff can be AFK and doing thier job....
    Is this a good idea?
    staff are people, and players are people, do remember that the server is democratic(well, pretty much), and there shouldn't be much of a difference wether you are staff or not, I take my short afk time checking the forums or posting something, it doesn't take too long usually.
    Also, this would help catch spawner afkers only if staff goes to check the afkers... and it wouldn't be fair if you just went to the bathroom, and after 5 min you are temp banned just before you came back >.> true it's unwise to afk near a working spawner at any time, but it takes time to spawn, it is bad when it's too much time, but it won't be fair to ban someone only waiting for enough to spawn, or who just /afk'd to look at the forum(although that would be something else), so the 10-15 min until afk should be on both.

We members also have our own job, and sometime check the chat like staff does, we might not be staff, but making a change only to one group isn't quite enough.

Now... to remind you all, this isn't really the topic...
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO

Is this a good idea?
    Most times to catch players afking at spawners requires 30 min + since there is needed for about 400 mobs to spawn before it starts to notice lag.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    LittleLeprechaun
    Minecraft Name
    LittleLeprechaun
    This suggestion has gone off topic lol

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    Quote Originally Posted by horsegal00 View Post
    This suggestion has gone off topic lol
    Sure has :p

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure has :p
    And that post doesn't make it any better -.-

OT: don't see the need for this & disagree that being afk means you're not paying attention. When I'm online I usually have minecraft on a second screen, this means I read and respond in chat, even when I'm afk in game. Don't see any reason for this time to not count as playtime
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

12. Likes nirosu liked this post