Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Several Command Ideas

/last [Player Name]

This command should be added and all ranks should be able to use it mainly because I think it's unfair that staff have to always answer the question: Hey, [Staff Member] when was the last time {Player's Name} was on?

It cuts into time that staff members have therefore, i think all ranks should be able to use it. Since i'm pretty sure there is already a command that does this, but only for staff members, you could use that command as well.

/surface

This is a VIP perk that is very simple. Let's say your underground and you want to get up to the surface quickly. /surface teleports you straight up to the surface then if VIPs would like to go back underground, they could do /back. This would be helpful to VIP's when mining and they've run out of tools so that they could /surface, get wood, then /back to create more tools.

/gamemode 0 (This can be done by all players, but ONLY in the creative world. They can then switch back to gamemode 1 with /gamemode 1)

I say this ONLY for the creative world because let's say you create an adventure map for the server, but it's in the creative world and it uses traps that you need to test to make sure they work. If the traps involve the player dying, how would you know that players would die if in gamemode 1? This is why i suggest letting all players use /gamemode 0, but only for the creative world

/anvil nuke (Meant only for Jack)

It makes anvils rain where TNT would rain if you did /nuke. I'm sure Jack likes this

/dizzy (Just a troll command/stupid command. no actual use.)

Do /dizzy and you get nausea for 15 seconds. All ranks can use it.

/sing [Song Name] {Where the song comes from} This is a member perk and higher.
    Sorry builders

Example: /sing Race To Win Sonic Rivals 2

Basically, it just sends a request to a staff member to play a song. Sorta like how Nyan Cat plays throughout the server occasionaly, except this command is like a request. If it can't be played in MC, then it'll be played on TS...that is if it's accepted.
    Last edited by naithantu; 21-10-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    the /last is the same as the /seen suggestion.

/surface is both op, and both not that useful, as VIPs already can tp to surface using magic and letting them go down makes it op.

/gamemode for creative might be nice.

/anvil nuke - may god have mercy upon us.

/dizzy - meh, don't have to much against it, but it could be renamed /vodka or /high(caution, do not use the command while being on the rainbow epileptic option of the super secret button thingy added in 1.7)

/sing - I don't think that can be played yet, maybe 1.7.... and what kind of nyan cat plays? it might be a texture pack you have, it would be possible for TS, but... ts' music channel is not only for minecraft players, making a command isn't that helpful.

That's what I wanted to say, hopefully I didn't crush someone's dreams on the way.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes, a staff member plays the Nyan Cat music with command blocks. Usally played after saying Rainbow

It's actually kinda fun to listen to everyone once and a while, but other songs would make it better in my opinon

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Hey staff your useless now that all the members have commands of what you do to regulate the server. You are the weakest link goodbye!
    Is it really that hard to Moderq to see how long ago a player was on? -.-
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    Hey staff your useless now that all the members have commands of what you do to regulate the server. You are the weakest link goodbye!
    Is it really that hard to Moderq to see how long ago a player was on? -.-
    The discussion about /seen should be held in the original topic where this was suggested, not here.

Also @zapados3, you should make a seperate topic per request. This really is required to keep the suggestions area clean and make it easier to keep track of requests.
    Quick response to suggestions:
    /last - Already been suggested, discussion about this should be held in the original topic.
    /surface - like Nirosu said, a bit OP, jumpto already removes a bit of the survival aspect, but at least that isn't too powerful while mining (which is arguably the most important part of survival)
    /gamemode 0 - not a horrible idea I guess, however I'm going to mark this topic as denied since everything else is being denied. If this isn't implemented in the next week you should probably make a new topic for this (like I already said: one request per topic)
    /anvil nuke & /dizzy, troll commands, we add these when we feel like doing so. They're not horrible ideas, but not that great either. Me/stoux might add more troll commands when we're bored, but otherwise this probably won't be added.
    /sing, the nyan cat song is actually part of Essentials (they have a couple not documented troll commands, found these while going through the source code a couple months ago). Putting such a song in a plugin is quite a lot of work, it's not as much work as actually making it in-game since gettings the proper timings is easier, but it's still a huge amount of work. Unless you use some sort of automatic conversion program that converts a song automatically (which would be an entire project by itself), it's a lot of work doing it manually. TL;DR Lots of work, not useful/that much fun
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

6. Likes nirosu liked this post