Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Restricted worldedit useage rank

I think it could be nice for there to be a rank, where you can get access to worldedit within a worldguard with a flag ticked for it. The rank would not be a primary rank just something that allows you to have the permission, not give you an ingame rank in the tab or anything.

The way I've thought it could work is if a player proves there a good builder etc and would think worldedit could help them build they could apply for this rank etc, and upon being confirmed there then allowed to modreq for ability to use it within a worldguard, which a mod could add as a flag.

It would only be allowed in areas where it would be used to just make nice builds etc, not to benefit the user of it, for example in the creative world, where they could use it to build amazing looking things that would otherwise take months.

Mentioned it to jack and he said it could possibly be worth suggesting so heres to that.
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

2. Likes lordgandalf liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    we for good builders? no. permission to let admins give WE in creative to good builders? sure.

This is a survival server... basic WE like flattening is given to vips by admins, but it is limited. The creative world could use that though.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    as i said, it would be only given for important builds, not for personal use.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    I thought W/E was a VIP perk only though, to be another reason for players to get VIP?

Also, I worry that there would be SO many requests for W/E by builders and members without said new rank just because they see others get it, and they in turn get confused themselves.
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

6. Likes EndurableJono liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. The only ones with WE are admins and above (+me&naith). Even with heavily restricted access to WE we've had serveral fuckups in the past.
    Furtermore, in theory, adding this would grant all moderators WE permissions as they can add and remove themselves from WGs as they wish.

As I'm not part of the MC staff anymore I will not reject this idea straight away, although naith and stoux will probably have similair thoughts on this.

8. Likes Jackster21 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    makes sense, just thought it'd be a nice suggestion but can see it'd have many potential fuckups, which is why i suggested it only being able to be applied within a region and not work outside of it etc, but yes, is still pretty flawed i guess.

And with the moderator thing, stoux plans on making only certain flags useable by moderators pretty soon, i beleive, so that wouldnt be as much of an issue

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    Would love to have brushes and some basic cuboid and ball forms of we. It would enable me to make my wild plot or creative plot look more amazing. But on the other hand i know we most people wont thats the problem i guess

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    it'd enable me to work on things like the maps i build for the servers minigames without needing to wait for stoux or jack to help all the time, and without jack breaking my stuff with worledit beyond repair </3

12. Likes Cats_say_moo liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Could always have limits that you cant do worldedits past 10-15 blocks, Limit blocks you can worldedit (Making it so all liquids unable to worldedit). Having it take a vip grant every time you do a worldedit so 3 worldedits a day?

Also in times of the server cant handle just have it post in chat (Unable to do worldedit due to possible world saving or Server is Lagging). <- A way to toggle tat in cases of Admins W/Eing things in
    Last edited by Cats_say_moo; 12-11-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Someb0dy
    Minecraft Name
    Someb0dy
    Starcraft Name
    SomebOdy
    In vip terms I would prefer if W-E would be done by "professionals" , in terms of distinguished builders it would depend on what they would like to do, then they could be allowed to use W-E(admin like perms) for a certain period of time(anyway isn't there a possibility of a rollback at almost any instance?) such as flying is permitted to some good builders for certain builds .