Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Someone Make a Thread On This?

I've always wanted to win in one of slap-gaming's building contests, but I never have. I would like to learn some tips and tricks so could someone make a thread/post showing tips and tricks on building contests? I would find that thread very helpful to bad builders (Like me) and to newcomers entering a contest.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    A tips/tricks thread for building contests wouldn't be a very easy thing to make. As each build contest generally has a different theme.

Most of the contest winners also win for their build standing out and being unique from the rest, so a tip for you would be don't make the same thing everyone else is.

If you want building tips in general, then my best advice would be to look at youtube. For ideas on building styles and what blocks look good together etc, this can be helpful, for example;

For a halloween build, following Sjin, a yogscast members halloween build this year, could give you some good tips on how to make a spooky looking building.
    Spoiler for Sjin's Halloween Builds:

For general building, i personally find mithrinthia and fyreuk amazing build teams.
    Mithrinthia
    Spoiler for Mithrinthia:

With the MSE build, one of the mithrinthia team members who built it and also was an event manager sometimes gets on the server, so it may be worth asking him/her for any help too.

FyreUK
    Spoiler for FyreUK:

So i would check out the channels above, and just look at their builds and learn from them, that's how i get inspiration and ideas for things
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin