Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    I like the idea of it all but im not sure how the prices will go up and down with demand and stuff automaticaly...

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Shopping district

Everything should find a price balance on it's own , things may get a little out of hand at first as sellers have a little price battle, trying to earn the most money while trying to under price the other merchants, but after a while things should settle down to average prices for most things (with slight alterations depending on quantity in stock or being bought in bulk). Then all the spawn store would have is match the price to the average

That could even bring in a Merchants Guild there, in order to regulate prices too Even taxes for the shops as rent or rights to sell Possibility upon possibility
    Last edited by CheeCheeBow; 20-03-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    belgium and netherlands are like the same place, you were close enough!
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

4. Dislikes Telluur, Slacky, Stoux disliked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby
    Won't happen any time soon I'm afraid guys.

We've tried shop based plugins where players control their own shops, and it just doesn't work as people don't maintain shops/stock, and people compete with each others prices and crash the market.
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    but theres no reason this couldnt work without player based shop plugin, with physical trading?

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Shopping district

Think it at least warrants a test? try a small based area first, only letting serious merchants take up shop like ones who already have a shop or have been known to sell for a long time, and see how it goes?

As for market crashes, that's where a merchant's guild could be handy They could have their own forum where they could regulate prices based on their stock and demand, increasing price to cope with increases in demand or lack of stock and lowering when stock builds up and they have to sell for space? And knowing that they'll always be in competition with the spawn store too, their prices can't get too out of hand Think about it? There could be special sales every now and then to bring in the customers and all sorts
    Last edited by CheeCheeBow; 21-03-2014 at 01:48 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    I think the OP was suggesting just a city where you can build your shop, not a whole shop-plugin based idea. He stated (or someone did) that t was annoying knowing players had shops that sold cheap rare items out in the wild, but could never find them. Having people build in one, easy to access spot can help those that want to do trade and selling.

It wouldn't need to be plugin based, like honk said. It would be the same as everyone has been doing it all this time - just... in the same area that's easy to get to.
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post after something like this is rejected. I truly don't know if I can so if I can't just tell me.

Here's My Idea!

If everyone were to have a shop and were to lower prices to compete with each other, they would eventually reach super low prices. (Possibly even $0.01)
    So to prevent something like that, everyone would have a shop based on one thing.

Ex. I will open a shop where I sell silk touch blocks. So, no one else can open up a shop doing the same thing I'm doing. Meanwhile, someone else could open a flower shop. Another person creates a food shop. etc, etc.

This place would be really helpful. I have a shop of my own, but no one can ever find it cuz it's in the old pre 1.6 survival world. Having a place where people literally go to shop would be amazing.

Another Idea! Instead of it being a huge plot of land, how about the shops being in like a mall or something. It could make it look very nice instead of just being in the middle of nature. Just some ideas.

Once again, sorry if I'm not allowed to post after a suggestion thread is rejected. I truly didn't know at this time.

10. Likes crazyredhead27 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by honkin_pigs View Post
    but theres no reason this couldnt work without player based shop plugin, with physical trading?
    That's what I ment

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's nothing against anyone making an area for this, for players for physically trade items, it just wont be maintained by staff most likely.