Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Slap-Snap Reborn! Cityhunterxyz Builder of Cities!

Wanne see more? Read last week's Slap-Snap? got updated with Block Theories? Go and check out the Menu~ http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...-Nirosu-s-Menu

Heya! A weekly Slap-Snap! I made it! wooooo..... well, with a short delay of a day, so I rushed down and done the main part in about 10 min.

Today's guest is Cityhunterxyz. Do I know him? no, Did I see him before? yes.

Cityhunterxyz used to log on a lot back then, not sure when back then, but he's been here for long, I can assure you, even though I haven't really had much of an experience of conversation with him, that I recall, I still respected him, as he was a VIP that didn't make a fool of himself or anything.

Since I barely know him, I'll tell you a story of how this slap-snap came to be. I was walking about a month ago, plotting to make a slap-snap comeback, and I went to check a few houses, a few caught my eye, and city's house was no exception, it was one of the best, and it had a pretty good interior, which means quite much for me.
    So I ask the mod online when did cityhunterxyz last log, and a quick answer crushed my hopes.... 3 months.

This would usually mean a dead end, a builder not logging for 3 months is rare to come back, and so he wasn't in my list, but I remembered his ign... so no wonder when I saw him today, I took the opportunity and got him ready for a slap-snap right away, and here we are... What I didn't know at first, that he was not fit for a Slap-Snap mix as I planned for him and his house, but that he is a full Slap-Snap material, and that I discovered after asking if he has anything else... And so he did.

You'll have to see it for yourself, just go to old survival world, x:-1686, y:63, z:-450 for the entrance...

Time for the Slap-Snap pictures:

Slap-Snap V.jpg
    this be what you should see at the given co-ords just go in the building, and use the lift.

Slap-Snap I.jpg
    The house I mentioned in the story, it's in new survival, northern shores.

Slap-Snap II.jpg
    part of what you should see, an important note, cityhunterxyz built it all by himself.

Slap-Snap III.jpg
    So for once I don't do much commentary, big deal, a picture worth a thousands words... and tl:dr is four words.

Slap-Snap IV.jpg
    Btw, it's called Skyland, so... make sure to take a boat, and a livemap look and go and see for yourself!

And for the last part, that you've all been waiting for, The interview

1. Could you tell us about your experience in the Slap-Gaming server and community?

Well I just came back from a bit of a Minecraft break but Slap has been a great place for me to play, I became a VIP not too long after joining so I could try my hand at some bigger build projects and it's been great the people here are really friendly, the admins helpful and the server itself is active without feeling overcrowded like other servers I've tried to play on.

2. How long does it usually takes you to finish a build? (try referring on the process of the build as well, like the basic steps)

most smaller stuff like a single building Is usually a day or two my house in Northern Hills was built in 2 days. Usually it goes something like I get an idea, then obsessively spend all my free time till that idea is finished, but I will usually go a long while without building anything, just exploring and looking at stuff.

3. What do you think a builder must have in order to improve oneself?

I think builders need to have a sense of spatial awareness, know the space you're working in. and you need to be a bit creative with the materials you're given, try new things see what works and what doesn't.

4. Could you tell us about your projects in progress?

Well my ongoing project is Skyland, which I've never really finished it's kind of meant to be a project that I can keep adding to, it's in the middle of an ocean so it doesn't get in the way of anyone else's builds, and I have plenty of room to expand. whenever the feeling takes me I build a new district in the city and over time it's become a bit of a sprawl, though the newest part of it has been about a month

5. Any tips you'd like to give to the fellow aspiring builders?

If you're stuck for ideas, browse picures of buildings image search architechture, and try to recreate things you find interesting in Minecraft.

6. What do you think the server is lacking or needs improvement with?

I really like the server the way it is, other than occasional lag spikes of course.

That's all for this Week's Slap-Snap Rebooooorn~! Join us, hopefully, next week with a whole new Slap-Snap Reborn~! Or a long apology post.... >.>

Seeya,
    Nirosu.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

2. Likes honkin_pigs liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name