Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf

18+ chat in minecraft

there should be added a mature chat in minecraft with the same usage as the 18+ channel on Teamspeak.
    Some mature people want to talk something not suitable to young eyes.
    It would be nice to have something like that in minecraft

2. Likes EndurableJono, xiTropicz liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    EndurableJono
    Minecraft Name
    EndurableJono
    I think that you should be able to make a choice if you want to join this chat or not, and to make it available to only people that request to be added. If people (such as young people) don't want to read that type of language, then it should be their choice not to request for the chat.

I believe this, mainly for the fact that I'm not 18, but of an age where I'm old enough to know what it all means, and be mature enough to react accordingly. I know that there are probably other people that feel the same way about this.

I also think that having the mature chat should be an option, but for people that ask permission for it, so they would not be offended by the type of language that would be used in the chat. This would then mean that if they were to be offended by it, that it's their own fault, and not anyone else's.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm all for it

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm completely against the idea of this for several reasons;

1. People will choose to use it and will use the normal chat less, making the server seem even quieter to those underage than it already is. And you'd also have people using it and not using the standard chat much anymore because they can speak how they wish in that chat and can't in the normal.

2. Moderation. In order for the chat to exist, moderators will have to be able to read it, and we do get staff that are younger than 18, therefore they would be able to view a chat that's deemed inappropriate for their age group. If we were to restrict it from moderators underage then someone could be saying all manners of ill things in the 18+ chat and they wouldn't be able to see it and respond quickly.

3. The upkeep of it would be a pain. How do we know if someone is 18+/mature and will we require actual proof if were going by 18+?

4. We have a private messaging system where normally more will be allowed to be said before it becomes a problem anyhow, people can use this in direct chats between two people.
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

6. Likes xiTropicz, Jackster21 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by honkin_pigs View Post
    2. Moderation. In order for the chat to exist, moderators will have to be able to read it, and we do get staff that are younger than 18, therefore they would be able to view a chat that's deemed inappropriate for their age group. If we were to restrict it from moderators underage then someone could be saying all manners of ill things in the 18+ chat and they wouldn't be able to see it and respond quickly.

4. We have a private messaging system where normally more will be allowed to be said before it becomes a problem anyhow, people can use this in direct chats between two people.
    I'd like to tackle these, 18+ talk is allowed in messages, and it moderated by moderators that are not necessarily 18+... This is covered by the "you have to be mature" section in the moderation form, in a way...
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Minecraft Admin
    Plugin Dev
    Memer
    Memes
    Howmany things can I add here?
    Top kek
    Quite a few actually.
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Stoux
    Minecraft Name
    Stoux
    Separating chats is not going to happen. Same with the private message groups -> All people will move to groups and completely ignore the main chat. Inb4 'not going to ignore main chat' etc. It always happens.

Rejected.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby
    Totally agree with Stoux and Honkin's points.

If people want to talk with other 18+ people whilst gaming, as a group, then just join the teamspeak server and use a microphone/the chat function there!
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner