Thread: MCMMO Dungeons

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog

MCMMO Dungeons

Now that the server has MCMMO installed, I believe it would be fun to have dungeons to raid in.

We could have themed dungeons in either the main survival or resource world. If it was the resource world they could get replaced every time the world was reset with world edit.

The dungeons would be barely lit (or hidden spawners placed), allowing mobs to spawn, and there can be chests hidden around with treasures for players to find. Maybe even a super enchanted-armoured Mob at the end of it to make a form of "boss".

I think it would be a fun idea for players to have on the server - something for them to train themselves for, to either raid in a group or by themselves. It's one of the main things that players do in other MMO games, so why don't we?
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    Mcmmo has group creation etc only thing you need is dungeons and spawners and auto filled chests

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm more than happy to build a dungeon for this, however mobs spawned with spanwers won't grant any mcmmo XP.

The problem i see is that this would need to be done plugin side as it wouldn't be possible to regenerate the chests of loot, randomise the loot, and spawn mobs that aren't all the same, and also to spawn mobs that will give peoples xps
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    Would love to build some to about the chests and mobs they should come from a plugin then?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by lordgandalf View Post
    Would love to build some to about the chests and mobs they should come from a plugin then?
    does the no exp part also count for spawn eggs? if not you could create a dispenser that dispense's egg based mobs which could give you exp :/

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    I know you can place spawners/command blocks that allow you to have certain mobs spawn in places, however I dunno if that would be Modded or Plugin side, since I know nothing on the subject. I would think no XP would be gained, as normal raids are for more rare items that people want.

I'm sure a fair few would help build different types of dungeons, but of cause it's just the respawning of the items in the chests and such after a dungeon is raided.

The dugeon idea is really just a thought, so having it scrapped due to hassle of making it work is no big deal, this is more of just what people thought of the idea
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone up for building dungeon, I'll be sure willing to help decorate it, after all, what's good about a mansion themed dungeon without furniture, or ruins without interesting wall mosaics or floor patterns... everyone can throw a few skulls here and there, but can you put a skull inside a closet? possibly.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu