Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slap Museum

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Slap Museum

This idea might be a nice one and it shouldn't be too much work.

Simply put, a muesum featuring heads of previous staff, and a teleport to old versions of stuff and important landmarks in slap's history.

For example, the floating islands spawn, it sits somewhere and it can be used for a nice trip down memory lane.

It could also have tp pads to the masterpieces of the survival worlds, and some closed down old versions of things, maybe even towns from pixelmon server?
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    nathanlad830
    Minecraft Name
    nathanlad830
    I love this idea! Time to appreciate all the work staff and past staff do, I really like this one

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this idea too. It would also be perfect for a slap video I was hoping to make if I could fly around builds.

Minecraft Moderator
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like an awesome idea. Would take a lot of work, but I'd be happy to help out if needed!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    nathanlad830
    Minecraft Name
    nathanlad830
    Same, I'm always up for a challenge count me in

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Laegluin
    Minecraft Name
    Laegluin
    Starcraft Name
    Laegluin
    Sounds like a great idea and a good reason for me to finally play some minecraft again (at least once I have some more spare time )

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few extra features that should/can be discussed/put in:

- tp pads to some of the community projects that were abandoned with the years, a few noticeable ones, that is. After all, the history of Slap belongs also to the members, not necessarily epic.

DIFA village.

Laegluin's castle.

Downtown(as a whole, although I would suggest poketower :S).

Mohdaol's castle town(Arthen if I recall).

One of BabyDoggyShadow's Island towns in the old world.

The Book and Quill library

Daloria's cathadral/church.

Shnoo, Russ and that other guy I forgot his name's town.

frozenssnowvillage(no idea who made it, name of wg, not sure if it's a piece of history but it is a nice work).

Staff training zone(many would like seeing an old version, or a current version of one... though I believe getting through it requires some commands...).

Old old underground spawn! (I once dug arround and even found the old old shop, was still functioning, I wonder if we could see it with the old pvp/spleef arena or such)

-Another major feature, is information display:
    It's up to you(staff/stoux) to chose whether the info of the different builds will be shown through a command /museum [section number] [exihibit number]. Or perhaps just a prompt chat message pressing a pad or when teleporting there. Or perhaps a shop with readable guides, the books will be cheap, or you will have them already in your inventory while you are in the museum. Info should hold:stories/legends if any, credits to the builders(in a solo or multi build, not in a place like a contest island), a description.

-Apart from tps to builds and room recreations, items can also be presented, for example:

The tri-hoe(wooden hoe(or was it iron?), gold hoe and diamond hoe) - the 3 hoes of power, fireball, thunder and kitties.
    The banned items archive, past banned items included.
    Old staff signature items - Sparkle's bone and such, I do believe sparkle has a collection stored.
    Donated exihibit - artifacts and such that were kept by players, for example Jackster12's book >
    And perhaps readable books - Slap Lore related books, books that contain slap exclusive content.

-Museum donations: Some Museum parts will be named after the top donor to that part, in terms of buying a title that is. For Example, Example: The Xmple Pixelart collection, named after xmpleign123. I'm not so thrilled about it myself, but it's a bit more realistic, doesn't have to be implemented.

-Wall of fame: The leaderboards written down - this to be updated once a month if a change takes place(parkour, sonic all time, and such).
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    I Like the idea would love to see slapland have a spot in this

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    do like the idea of featuring the pixelmon builds, a hell lot of work went into building that stuff only for the server to eat itself.

But yeah, love the idea behind this, will add it to a list of things to do however it wont be a high priority thing.
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

10. Likes BabyDoggyShadow liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    nathanlad830
    Minecraft Name
    nathanlad830
    Slapland needs to feature in this! Absolutely!