Thread: [Veteran]

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.IsaacGS459
    Minecraft Name
    IsaacGS459

[Veteran]

I know this will probably be turned down. It may be a bunch of work, and nobody actually gets anything out of it. With this disclaimer, I'll start.

Hey guys. Isaac with an idea. There have been some people that have been here forever. With some people from the earlier days of the server returning, there should be some way to differentiate from old time members and new members. Enter [Veteran].

For players that have been here for at least a year (possibly more), their [Member] or [VIP] tag can be replaced with the [Veteran] and [Veteran] tag. It doesn't have to be a different class than the Member and VIP classes. It just would be a nice little thing to add to the server to show long standing members on the server. It's not necessary; however, if it's not more than a few minutes of work, many older members would enjoy it.
    Lucario Out!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds cool

Minecraft Admin
    Plugin Dev
    Memer
    Memes
    Howmany things can I add here?
    Top kek
    Quite a few actually.
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Stoux
    Minecraft Name
    Stoux
    Problem with this is; how do we determine that someone is a veteran. If I logged in 3 years ago, logged out, and rejoin now; "I first joined 3 years ago so I'm a veteran?"

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand the problem stoux, there is also a problem determining the time a player has been on a server, but basically, yes, about that, with a few restrictions: must have been a member for that time - that means, a forum account.

A different parameter could be whether a person was a VIP or not in the past, it is most likely that members from a year and a half ago that have VIP can be considered Veterans, they have enough devotion to the server. The VIP condition could serve as a time saving factor, like, if one was once VIP and joined a year and a half ago, he could be considered a Veteran, while a member who joined at the same time, who never had VIP is less likely to be considered.
    Then again, hard indeed.

Maybe Letting those who joined back two years ago can be a fitting solution, regardless of their experience, if they had a plot could be a factor, but it is not much of a thing you can automatically do.

Another factor may be whether a person was banned or not. And if a guy from 3 years ago asks why is he a veteran.... can always demote...

it's a bit exploitable, in a way, but hey, don't they, who tried our server a long time ago and gave another look now worth something?
    Who are we to say no, once a member always a member.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.IsaacGS459
    Minecraft Name
    IsaacGS459
    I say either give it to old consistents that are returning (Niro [Never really left, though] , Slime, Ellie, Patron, etc), give it to people who've been consistent over the last few years (Login at least once a month or more), or some similar parameter. Or do both.
    Lucario Out!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacGS459 View Post
    I say either give it to old consistents that are returning (Niro [Never really left, though] , Slime, Ellie, Patron, etc), give it to people who've been consistent over the last few years (Login at least once a month or more), or some similar parameter. Or do both.
    Basically, give out to people you recognize or people recognize from long ago, like, abusqa, charlotina, OllieVaughen and such when they come back.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that if u give it to returned then they should be reeaaaaly old to the server but people who are consistent should be at least 1 and a half or 2 years old

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.IsaacGS459
    Minecraft Name
    IsaacGS459
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    Basically, give out to people you recognize or people recognize from long ago, like, abusqa, charlotina, OllieVaughen and such when they come back.
    Ollie really is that old, isn't he/she?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Laegluin
    Minecraft Name
    Laegluin
    Starcraft Name
    Laegluin
    I really like the idea, but I don't think it should be anything to complicated like activity etc. It would just be a neat way of looking and someone and thinking "hey, that guy's been around for quite some time" and nothing else.
    I, for example, haven't played for at least 4 months, but I've always been reading the forums and I will certainly also have some more active periods, I'm just a little busy playing payday2 right now :P

So basically, just make a tag for people that have joined a long time ago (probably using the forums, I don't think we have acutal game data for those that started playing when the member system was not even in place, do we? :D)

10. Likes IsaacGS459, nirosu, GunSlinger4750 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.IsaacGS459
    Minecraft Name
    IsaacGS459
    Laegluin, you're a great example of one of the [Veteran] players. If somebody joined, say, January of 2013 or earlier, they get the Veteran tag. Next month, any older players currently playing that joined in February 2013 gain the tag, and so on. I'll help with the list if possible.
    Lucario Out!