Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Survival World 2

In Short : A new survival world, with pvp on, on hard difficulty and seperate inventory < if TLR >

This is a tricky suggestion, it might not pass because it won't be so easy to do, I assume that is.

The Ideas is a new survival world, however, this one has a separate inventory, and has PvP on. however, PVP will be off in world guards except arenas, and things like /te will not work.

The second survival world is also on hard difficulty, and if possible with the mob bounty, the rewards for killing mobs are increased..

The Idea is to present the players with an hardcore survival zone, where they can make their own factions/bases, and do hardcore survival. Along the setting, this world will have a few structures, that will possibly be made by staff/players in a contest/event prior to the implementation of the world, these structures will be worldguarded, but will have mobspawn on, some with PVP on (Arenas), to give players cool places to explore and hunt, including spawners.

To allow work to be put in this new world, the world will be first quite limited in size, and gradually expended, although not necessarily needed.

Here are suggestions to what special structures should be in that world:

Scare of the Nether - a ravine with pigmen and caves leading to blazes.

Sea Temple - Basically, a worldguarded public temple, where the Guardians spawn, if possible, the boss guardians respawn.

Downtown Ruins - Can be a contest: a version of Downtown with ruined buildings, if possible, with increased mob spawn.

The Idea of the seperate inventory is a bit troublesome, it means the resource world won't be helpful for this world, but that's what makes it hardcore.

Also, this idea might take quite some time to make, so I don't expect or believe it would be ready anytime soon, HOWEVER, we can set a deadline: Minecon, as it is known, Jack is most likely to go to the next minecon(being in UK), and that is the time we'll be getting quite a few new members, and this new attraction could really be a nice addition to the server. Again, it's not easy, I don't expect you to support this right away, because it may be troublesome, but feel free to consider this or add any suggestion regarding this. Also, would like to know if Stoux/Honk find this thing possible.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

2. Likes honkin_pigs, Laegluin liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Laegluin
    Minecraft Name
    Laegluin
    Starcraft Name
    Laegluin
    If I understood you correctly and you do not want any WGs to be given to regular people, I fully agree with this idea. Sounds insanely fun and like something I have wanted all along :D

4. Likes honkin_pigs liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would love this kinda thing, however don't think it'd happen due to the current amount of space we have remaining on the ram disk
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.IsaacGS459
    Minecraft Name
    IsaacGS459
    (Use your computer, Honk)

While I would love a second world, and I have asked Honk on multiple occasions, the fact stands that Honk and Stoux know the Slap computer better than we do. We can't have too many worlds generated at once. As it stands, the minimum of 8 we are using right now (approximation), on top of the thousands of commands, would add quite a bit of work to any computer. If somebody made a donation towards the improvement of RAM, it may be possible; as it stands, it doesn't look like it's happening soon.

I'm also saying all of this without knowing the specs of the computer or how many worlds SLAP has.
    Last edited by IsaacGS459; 02-03-2015 at 02:12 PM. Reason: While I wou
    Lucario Out!

Minecraft Moderator GunSlinger4750's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacGS459 View Post
    While I wou
    Next gen

8. Likes EndurableJono, honkin_pigs liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.IsaacGS459
    Minecraft Name
    IsaacGS459
    ┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ) I Fiiix.
    Lucario Out!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    So will throw up a more detailed description of why this is a no, and also the hardware shit we haz cuz people seem to have no idea even though it's public knowledge.

Were running on a server that has;
    Intel Xeon E3-1270 v3 Quad Core Processor
    32GB ECC RAM
    2x 2TB Sata 6Gb/s 7200RPM HDD's

Now, firstly, processing power isn't an issue, we don't have problems with running out of CPU, in fact our CPU usage is generally relatively low in comparison to our ram usage.
    The RAM is where the problem lies. The ram is split up into 3 essentially due to the fact we use 16gb of the RAM as actual RAM, 8Hb as a RAM drive, which is basically a method where the servers software treats it as a disk drive due to special shiz we have set up. The reason for this is a HDD or SSD just doesn't cut it when it comes to speed, we time out at backups now, with even slower speed of that shit, it'd be even worse. And a final 8Gb that's reserved for running the TS3, website, etc.

The RAM we're using just as volatile memory, is normally fine and we wont be running out of that, but the RAM disk is where our problems lie in terms of expanding the server. Due to the small size of the RAM Drive it limits the total stored memory the server can take up. And where we're at now means we can't just go adding large new worlds as big as our others. The old world just by itself is 1.5Gb.

We're currently running with about 20% of our space free, which might seem like a lot but when times come such as creating a new creative world, the old one stays for a while whilst the new one is having things moved over etc, which can then take up a bunch more space. so we generally like to keep enough free space to allow that sort of thing to take place.

So there's a summed up story of our server and why we can't fit more new worlds. Some of my information may of been incorrect, at which point I'm sure Stoux will correct me on it
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

11. Likes nirosu liked this post